Growers choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growers choice

Has anyone else noticed anything wrong with growers choice seeds lately? This is my third purchase from them and always before I have had a good experience with their seeds but I have issues with their seeds this order with only four of eight seeds popped.

I received 5 GG auto and 5 critical purple auto seeds from them last month. So far I've only tried to germinate 3 GG autos, all 3 popped but one was bizarre. It never grew any root hairs, just a tap root and it had 4 nodes. It was extremely limp and hadn't shown growth for 3 days so I gave it a slight tug and it slipped out no problem which was how I discovered it had no root hairs. Of the surviving 2, one of them seems to be very healthy and happy but the other is quite slow, possibly stunted from being over watered once along with me trying to learn LST. They are both at 33 days today. I'm not sure if it is more bad genetics from the breeder or my lack of experience that is causing my issues though. I have heard good things about North Atlantic Seed Co. They carry seeds from Fast Buds which I have seen friends grow with great success. I was thinking of trying them out next time I purchase seeds.
    - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
    - 2 Cookiedawg, 2 Ice Cream Punch, all photoperiod, Sprouted Jan 25th
    - 5 gallon fabric pots raised about 1.5" for airflow and easy runoff cleanup
    - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants
    - Soil is FF Ocean Floor bottom 1/2 or so and top is FF Happy Frog
    - Water in veg was about 6.6PH and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 6.3PH for flowering
    - RH usually around 50% Temp ranging from 78 Fahrenheit to 83 Fahrenheit
    - 6" Oscillating fan clipped to tent pole for air flow within tent
    - 6" carbon filter and fan for exhaust, 4" carbon filter and fan for intake​

Comment

Someone else beat me to it. IMO Growers choice sucks. Recent order: 5 chocolope fem photo- only 2 germinated, 5 strawberry cough fem photo- only 1 germinated, 5 gorilla glue fem auto- only 3 germinated with little to no tap root hairs, waiting for them to break soil, 5 alcopolco gold fem photo- 2 started easily last March and were manifolded and high stress trained, 3 germinated and waiting to break soil, but the two that started last March turned out to be autos. All of the seed germination was done with paper towel method with bag seeds next to them. All the bag seeds germinated. WTF? Now I am not confident on if they got the strain correct. What a rip off. I now have more bag seed plants than "known" strain plants.

Not at all happy with them.

Last edited by Ckbrew; 05-16-2021, 08:07 AM.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• SleepyTibbs
        SleepyTibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I'll definitely be ordering from somewhere else next time.

Thank you for the info. I checked out Atlantic seed and think I will try them next time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X