Seedlings brown tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Seedlings brown tips

Hello. All 4 seedlings are same strain skunk xl from last year. One that grows fastest has brighter leaves and brown tips.they are all in same soil. And there are some white marks also. Have no idea if its possibly powder mildew because they are so small
    Attached Files

Are you using cow shit soil?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You won’t get any help with comments like that especially to a vet like SoOrbudgal she’s a very experienced grower and a great person who’s trying to help you

Comment

• Cunjo420
        Cunjo420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mocking mocking.

Hello Cunjo420
      The soil looks a little thick, muddy, dense, non-porous....some folk use different adjectives Cannabis likes an airy soil with good drainage. Maybe the roots are starved for oxygen in your pots & soil. You'll need to fix the soil up first to see if that improves things.
      by Nebula Haze When it comes to growing cannabis in soil, unless you're using a brand that is known for making soil that is specifically cannabis-friendly, there are a few things that you need to consider before starting a grow.
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

• Cunjo420
        Cunjo420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually soil is new from store. Same i used last year and had no problems.

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, my mistake....that soil looks great!

I flushed her and hope fr best

Comment

Any change?

Comment

• Cunjo420
          Cunjo420 commented
          Editing a comment
          will post pics in a sec. not too much

Are you feeding it hydroponic nutrients? The yellowing leaves look like nitrogen deficiency, and the white stuff on the leaves looks like leftover salts from a nutrient solution once it evaporates. Avoid wetting the leaves with these solutions, unless you're foliar feeding.

Oh, and buy some perlite and mix it with your soil (I'd say at least 25% by volume) when you transplant them into larger pots. This will help the roots breathe and will prevent overwatering.

Comment

• Cunjo420
          Cunjo420 commented
          Editing a comment
          fertilizer down below. Yes I could have possibly watered leaves with solution, did not feed anything in a week .
          Weather is rainy and chilly but I guess only 3 of them as you can see down below will be okay. one in cup and one with brown tips dont really show any potential

azorahai @SpaceBound
        I've been feeding them this week ago but I stopped and now water only
        Left em on rain so it gets natural FLUSH
        I hope for best, might even plant some new seeds. I will probably keep 2 healthy ones and throw the others since they dont show too much will
        I understand soil looks dumb and not good. but Itss okay trust me, been growing last year

Attached Files

Comment

• azorahai
          azorahai commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you watering them according to some schedule, or whenever the soil is dry? The soil does look a bit muddy, which could deplete the roots from oxygen (and plants this young are particularly prone to this kind of problem) and result in several different problems, including yellowing leaves.
          I wouldn't water them unless they are significantly lighter (pick them up after watering and you'll know how heavy they get vs. how light they are when dry), which could take anything from a day to almost a week depending on your climate. Keep trying to save the worst-off one, my biggest yield so far was from a plant that went through an even worse time than yours.

• Cunjo420
          Cunjo420 commented
          Editing a comment
          @azorahai
          thanks for feedback. Yea I might have overwatered, I just transplanted them week ago I guess from cups to this little little pots. Ill add perlite and mix new soil when they grow a bit because I will put them directly in ground.- Today is sunny day and I checked plants. They actually look very good other that one in solo cup

They look like they are drowning. I would recommend adding perlite next time to improve aeration and drainage and only water when plant needs it. My method is the pot lift method. If i lift the pot and it feel light i water. If it still feels heavy, i dont. This prevents overwatering and forces the roots to "search" for water which creates a robust root system which in turn creates more robust plants and buds.

Comment

• Cunjo420
          Cunjo420 commented
          Editing a comment
          okay thanks, Ill add perlite when I transplant them intro ground

They are thriving now. Three of those look good and Im keeping them. If others survive great. Ty guys for feedbacks
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Those do look good Cunjo420 the sun is powerful medicine it really does wonders. Love your cats i love all of natures plants an animals. I'm sorry if i sounded off about the cow shit so many grow without reading about soils for MJ. Now you know that stones like in our outdoor grounds help with drainage, it's so importaint not to get compacted soils. Good luck

• Cunjo420
          Cunjo420 commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal
          No worries... you replied to my posts last year also and tend to help me.
          I am sorry I took it as insult. It sounded like you mocking me.
          Yes I understand, but these are just starting cups so I didnt bother too much.
          My plan is to mix great medium when I transplant them directly in soil.
          Cheers

No sir i was inapproriate saying " cow shit soil " all is good. Best of luck with the grow, outdoors is my all time favorite for growing weed.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Cunjo420
          Cunjo420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Right now Im clearing my backyard where cihckens were, since I am ilegall grower Im setting up slowly my outdoor space

Good man be careful

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X