Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terphogz sued for (gasp) copyright infringement for their Zkittlez strain & merch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terphogz sued for (gasp) copyright infringement for their Zkittlez strain & merch.

I found this story yesterday. I even read the legal brief it links to outlining the suit filed by Mars Wrigley against Terphogz. I can't believe it had to come to that after what's gone on with Gorilla Glue, GSC, Skywalker OG, etc. I also can't believe that Wrigley wasn't sending them cease and desist letters every month since Zkittlez came on their radar. I think the thing that made the plaintiffs angriest was all the merch they were selling. If I were Terphogz's attorney, I'd beg them to settle.

I hope whatever comes of this that the legal cannabis industry will move even further away from the lawless attitudes of growing and dealing in the not-so-good-ole-days.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Interesting story. When I first saw your post I thought it was a spat between the original strain producer and the house brands selling what I assume are a version of the same genetics, but it does make sense in the newly legal climate that companies in other industries will be aggressively protecting their trade marks. I wonder if they had not gotten so big with merch and the counterfeit packaging that was too close to the actual candy product they would have pursued it. The times they are a changin. Thanks for posting the link.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      I know what you mean. The guys at Seedsman and ILGM for sure should take note since they sell their own versions of Zkittlez. I'm sure there are quite a few more that have copied their genetics or mixed them and use that name who need to cover their collective asses fast.

Shame they did not put up pics of the product packaging in question here.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      Editing a comment
      I'll bet an online search of enough dispensaries would turn up some of the offending items

You’re right UndergroundFarmer here are a couple I found without too much effort.

Click image for larger version

Name:	385B2DE0-754F-4A4F-9CBB-DD8619D2B6FA.png
Views:	240
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	515135Click image for larger version

Name:	B6B67C86-2124-4380-ABCF-737BEB58A829.png
Views:	246
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	515136

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      This packaging would not be legal in my state, cant market to kids.

• UndergroundFarmer
      Editing a comment
      Yep. That's way more flagrant than anything Terphogz did.

This happened with the e-cig markets as well about 10 years ago when they first started being a big deal.
    Lots of Marlboro eliquids, Camels, Newports, etc.

Once e-cigs were cutting into the tobacco money, they started going after trademarks and selling the product themselves.
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X