Brown spots, guessing ph issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown spots, guessing ph issue

Hello fellow growers. I have some brown spots popping up on a plant I just moved to my greenhouse 2 days ago. The brown spots were starting in the tent and have continued since being outside. I don't think the change in environment has anything to do with my problem. Growing a berry bomb auto in a 5 gal fabric pot with coast of maine stonington blend. This is my first run with this soil. Still have another plant inside with the same setup just a different strain and noticed I may have one leaf on that plant doing the same thing. Both plants are about 5 weeks old. I suspect it's a ph issue. It's my understanding that I don't need to ph the water with this soil because it is organic but the leaves that show the issue are through the middle and lower areas of the plant. I haven't started giving any nutes yet but plan to in the next week or so. I'll start adjusting ph next watering I guess. Was just hoping for a second opinion or feedback from anybody that has used this soil before. Any help is much appreciated. Happy growing.

Hi Hondo4921
    That plant is looking good. The leaf markings look like a calcium deficiency to me....but that is just a guess. Have a read of the attached page. PHing is important. What kind of soil is it?
    Calcium deficiencies cause tiny brown spots that appear on new and middle growth. Learn how to fix this problem for good!
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

• Hondo4921
      Hondo4921 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am using Coast of Maine Stonington blend soil. It's organic and they say after a month nutrients should be used. I did read the calcium deficiency tutorial but I thought it looked more like a ph issue to me but I guess trying some cal-mag won't hurt.

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep in mind it was only a guess, see if you can figure it out. Another thing you can do is a PH test of the run off water. That Calcium GWE page mentions a low rootzone PH isn't the best for calcium uptake. If you do add Cal/Mag go low & slow. I suggest a good watering with a half strength dose...see what happens.
      Last edited by JeffInCanada; 05-14-2021, 08:49 AM.

A lot of autos are cal-mag hogs. I would agree with JeffInCanada .
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

I'll have to give her some on the next feeding. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Looks like ph problems but a littlecal/mag can't hurt. How are you testing ph?
        I'm using the same soil in my current grow. It's really nice stuff. Organic or not, I still test and adjust my water ph.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Hondo4921
          Hondo4921 commented
          Editing a comment
          Been using a ph pen on my other plant that I have in fox farm ocean forest. The ph of my tap water is usually around 7.0. Guess it can't hurt to test and adjust it. I plan to keep using this soil so I'll just need to start adding nutes after 4 to 5 weeks I guess.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X