Bubble hash from trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubble hash from trim

Made my 1st batch of ice or bubble hash this week out of 3 or 4 oz of leftover trim in the freezer. Only did 2 rounds and ended up with some very sticky hash. This picture show 10 grams of the 25/73/120 micron bags. can't wait to try this method out on the very mature GG#4, Wedding Cake and White Widow I have waiting for production to begin.
    Tried dry ice last time and it produced great but as mentioned contains a good deal of plant material. I think the ice/water method will be my choice for high quality hash.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210512_130445_resized.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	474.4 KB
ID:	514821

They look delicious John !! Love the texture also. Welcome to the Hash Club of GWE lolll
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Monsieur, Coming from you any praise about hash means alot.

I'm gonna say it for the millionth time..........someday i gotta do this. Yes i know it's easy i just gotta put my other to-do's down first LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, it is fairly easy. Get the bags, add weed, ice and water, stir and drain. Scrape off the sticky goodness and viola!

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a great way to use up all that trim when you already have enough edibles.

• Floopydoop
      Floopydoop commented
      Editing a comment
      I keep pushing the trim bags in the freezer behind the frozen pizzas. Out of sight....hey, Pizza!

I'm with SoOrbudgal, I have good intentions, but.......
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that's the only way i'd try to do it using the bags, ice & water.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      @OldManGrower.........story of my grows " hmmm should i try to do hash this time?" i've not had so much extra weed to try to do some hash for a very very long time.

So please let me ask, what is the difference between this way and what PeterMatanzas was doing with screens before he decarb his weed?
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey@Catfish22, I think the difference when using screens is you collect kief/trichomes and they are dry. The ice/cold water method use the cold and agitation to break off the trichomes and they are collected in different sized screens. This hash must be dried before storage and further curing.
      I recommend this article on gwe for hash.
      Bubble Hash and Dry-Ice Hash are two of the most popular extracts you can make from cannabis! But which is better? Find out which hash deserves your time!

For dry sieve I found this article but there are many out there on the subject. https://wayofleaf.com/education/dry-sieve
      Many growers here use this method. It is on my very long bucket list of things to try.

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      So before I break up my weed to decarb it I should be screening for kief? How much does the removal of that kief affect the potency of the bud I then use for caps?

I never decarb my kief or hash cuz I don't do edible but here an interesting link : https://help.eaze.com/hc/en-us/artic...-Kief-and-Hash
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Catfish22 it would be a personal preference on how you want your caps and hash to turn out but if it was me I'd do either with my trim, no both. Trim is on the lite side of potency to begin with. Dry screening will definitely effect the potency of the trim (the process is removing the active ingredient from the trim). If I understand correctly, your plan is to make caps with your trim but are now salivating at the thought of having some kief around. Let me know if I have it wrong. Do you smoke or vaporizer or otherwise use a grinder when enjoying your bud? Get a grinder with a kief collector screen. Over time without evening realizing it, voila...a little bit of kief.
      Last edited by JeffInCanada; 05-13-2021, 08:16 PM.

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly Jeff, pre screen the weed I'm going to make into caps and screen it as soon as it gets close to being cured so I could collect all the trichs that come off and get lost
      during handling and have some kief for dusting the smoking weed when it needs an extra punch.

Thanks to all who responded to my question. I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to trying to get all you can our of every harvest.
      This weed is so far beyond what most people think is "good weed", I try not to waste anything.
      Waste not, want not.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm old school when it comes to hash making, I like the old fashion way. I use cured colas at least 6 weeks old or longer. Once I have my Kief I cure it for several more weeks before making mine. Once completed I cure my hash sometimes for a year or more. It's a very slow process but for me it's worth it.

More Potent as it age longer well imho.
      Taste is sweeter and more aromatique.
      Last edited by Farmbuck; 05-14-2021, 07:56 AM.

That hash looks excellent JohnEmad Nice work man!
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X