Last plant still not maturing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last plant still not maturing

I have a White Widow still flowering, while the others have all been harvested, including the other White Widow. Still producing white pistils and trichs are in the clear to milky stage. Dropped my 1000W HPS down to 50% a couple days ago, thinking about shortening the 12/12 down further too. Just thought I would check you all to see if there is anything else I may consider. Growing in tent, DWC, PH is right, temp and humidity perfect. Nothing really wrong, just taking much longer than her sister which is already in jars.

Any thoughts the forum may offer as additional guidance?

There are a few thing that could help signal it’s time to ripen. One is senescence. The normal seasonal process where the nutrients run out. Also know as autumn. If you remove all nutrients it will help. Also reducing the hours of light is very effective. I wouldn’t reduce the light intensity. Reducing temp might help.

Comment

• DanielCraig
      DanielCraig commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I had to reduce light intensity due to height maxxing out, but have been in hydro flush for a couple weeks. Will reduce light schedule for senescence. Appreciate it.

Great idea DanielCraig way to be up close and personel with the grow, attention to the details good going yes i've had slow poke for who knows why on several grows. Patience is the key keeping them healthy then it's chop chop
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DanielCraig
      DanielCraig commented
      Editing a comment
      UPDATE- After looking at Seedsman for many pics of White Widow, it seemed pretty clear to me that this strain has a propensity to foxtail under normal conditions. I may be wrong, but after a couple of mods on light schedule, continuing to flush, and reducing light intensity from 1000W to 500W HPS after a few extra days, I decided to chop down, and discovered during trim that many leaves had begun to die off. Most lower pistils were curled back and dark, while tops were still producing new pistils. I had checked lower trichs and pistils before harvest, but was able to validate I was at the end of the harvest window after all. Hopefully that proves to be helpful to others in the future.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X