First Outdoor Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Outdoor Grow

Setting up for my first outdoor grow. I will have six plants in 5 gallon fabric pots, using Pro Mix HP and Flora Nova nutrients... Just successfully completed my first indoor grow. Gained a lot of experience as to not what to do. Is there anything that I should be aware of for an outdoor grow.... other than the bugs... These strains are mostly Indica and are very similar in genetics simply because I like the super relaxed feeling that they provide... Wish me luck...

2 Th’elon Feminized Clones
    SensiStarship (Sensi Star x Island Sweet Skunk) x Blueberry

2 The Best Feminized Seedlings
    (The Purps x Island Sweet Skunk) x Blueberry

2 Big Blue Mother Skunker Feminized Seedlings
    (Wappa x Island Sweet Skunk) x Blueberry
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

Well happy summer growing and I wish you the best @MuskieMan.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• MuskieMan
      MuskieMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to it Farmbuck, I used to grow a lot of roses until I found it to be too much work. In fact, I used to be the webmaster for the Canadian Rose Society,
      I have always liked growing stuff...

Those sound like great crosses to me MuskieMan. We only get 4 adult plants per household for rec. here. So in honor of baseball season i'm growing " 3 run homer-indica" and for the nascar fans a " pre 98 Bubba Kush- indica" a" peanut butter breath-indica" and last but not least a " GG#4 cause she's a real sticky fly catcher hopefully not to many bugs on her gluey buds. Best of luck to ya may our seasons be spent just watching an tending not spraying for bugs
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MuskieMan
      MuskieMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey SoOrbudgal, I got lucky with the first seeds that I started. The strain Th'elon was perfect for me, very relaxing. I find the smoke a little harsh. Is there some way to make it more mild??? My grandson suggested cutting it with regular tobacco, what do you think??? I also have one more that I haven't even started yet (Northern Lights) another Indica with a lower THC, I have six seeds of this one. If nescessary I use insecticidal soap...
      Last edited by MuskieMan; 05-11-2021, 10:21 AM.

Grow some chrysanthemums nearby your cannabis plants - some bugs that like cannabis dislike chrysanthemums.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Yes i will spray with dish soap very mild, also i got some store bought organic insecticidal soap but never used it on MJ yet just aphids on my garden plants.

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Outdoor grow started, I have 6 plants in 5 gallon grow bags. Most of the plants looks like they need to be topped, do I just treat them as I did with my indoor grow or do I just let them do their own thing. I don't mind them getting tall but would still like to get a bountiful harvest...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Jfy5YIu.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	514953
        Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• Rik
          Rik commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve never grown outdoors, but I always thought one of the benefits was that you don’t have to top or train, just let it grow naturally since the sun is powerful enough to provide light across the whole plant, regardless of shape? Could be I’m talking about of my ass. I’m subscribing to find out the answer. Hope someone gives you good advice, MuskieMan

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I do now top all my outdoor photos and thin the old leaf as they get yellowed just like indoor. I've also stripped lower bud sites once they go into flower just like indoor to increase more energy to top half. Are you planing on leaving them on that deck? I like that cause when these get big and i mean they will get BIG you'll need to tie them to a post or stake in the ground if you got wind i've had many blow over LOL. Man your gonna have fun watching these go, sure can do what you want. Best grow light in the world

• MuskieMan
          MuskieMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks SoOrbudgal, it made sense to top the plants but I just wasn't sure... "Learning as I grow" It would be easy to attach some sort of trellis to the rail on the deck...

I like much larger pots for outdoor, I now have 3 135 gallon pots, I just dont want to run out of nutrients in the soil before the end. And that is what happened last year in the 35 gallon pots the soil was spent before the end.
        As far as topping it's up to you, I dont, I just tie them over. The wind is not your friend with small pots, and even in large pots (or in the ground) the plant can be blown over
        Last edited by Rwise; 05-15-2021, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Awesome. I'm in Michigan. I'm gonna plant 4 outside this year (first time as well). 2 White Widow & 2 White Lights. We can grow up to 12 but I work full time so 4 will be a good summer hobby grow. Good advice about the wind - I'm near Lake Michigan and it's windy here at times. Good luck with your grow!!!
          Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
          Canna Coco Or
          Happy Frog soil
          Fox Farms nutrients trio
          Smart pots
          Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Many many times i've had to stand them up again. I don't use the taller pots anymore just short squat ones 10-15gal. Once those canopy get 4ft across they are like sails in da wind LOL.

• MuskieMan
            MuskieMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks again SoOrbudgal, I'm not too concerned about the wind, the plants are fairly protected where they are. If I have problems with the wind I can tie down the grow bags by their handles... I have grown tomatoes in that spot and had no trouble... Learning as I Grow...

Outdoor grow going as expected, I am amazed at how quickly the plants are growing. Moved the other plants to a spot with more sun...

Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow i love to see comparisons on height you gonna grow tall one's or do some LST ? I topped all my outdoor photos this year trying to keep them at 6ft. Your's look to be tall ones even now......LOL get ready they are beautiful MuskieMan

Here's my other plants basking in the sun...

Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

Outdoor grow going as expected. I am a little surprised that I don't have many bugs on the plants. SoOrbudgal you were right my plants like to blow down with a good wind, I tied the pots down to the deck, problem solved...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Outdoor1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	410.6 KB ID:	523341Click image for larger version  Name:	Outdoor4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	479.1 KB ID:	523342
            Last edited by MuskieMan; 07-02-2021, 01:35 PM.
            Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello MuskieMan i've not had much issue either with bugs yet, we are cooler today but heading again up in the 90s boy yours sure are healthy and really bushy say did you top yours? I topped all of my outdoor.

Hey SoOrbudgal, I did top all of the plants, that's why they're so bushy... I might top them again but not sure... I figure I have about three weeks before they start the bloom phase... Will also be thinning out a little...
            Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I do think your right with the time of bloom. I'm just taking out whispy thin branches near bottom an lower mid sections. Good time to take clones if you care too? I promished not to but i did damn it all just the GG#4. I'm not running any autos like i planned on just got to much home life stuff going on. I've got enough jars from earlier in my pantry cause i did'nt give much away i gave them clones to grow their own LOL so far so good

Hey SoOrbudgal, I did the same thing, I gave the kids some clones so they could try it for themselves. I did make some canna butter and made a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies that turned out very well. Needless to say the cookies disappeared in less than a week. Luckily I made enough butter to make four batches of cookies...good for six months in the freezer... The only problem that I have with the outdoor grow is my location of the plants. They get 6 to 7 hours of direct sun but are next to my house so it gets very warm where they are. They take 4 liters of water every 2 days...
            Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

Same here MuskieMan i'm giving mine fish/guano/kelp teas and even watering 1xwk with epsome salts to combat some stress from the heat. Mine are not looking bad at all other than a few scorched leaf, but i do think it's affecting growth alittle slow down so the shade is helpful and watering like you are doing is only way to combat this at least for me it is. Suppose to be in the 90s f today.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X