Cfl lamp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cfl lamp question

Got a cfl lamp today and i want to ask how much far can i go my veg stage with this lamp before moving out and the distance i shoupd keep it from my seedling
    Attached Files

Is it a tube with a reflector? Show a photo of it. Some strains take it much better than others this your gonna have to test, start at 18" if the leaf reach upwards they like it.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Giannhs
      Giannhs commented
      Editing a comment
      No tube reflector just the lamp hanging 6 in above soil. Should i place the lamp sideway or le it hang straight

I have a 150 w CFL for seedlings and I keep it about 6" away for the first 48 hours and put it about 4" away after that but that is just until the first set of true leaves.

Mine is a regular household bulb at 6000K. Yours appears to be a grow bulb as it has 2 color levels listed.

Use manufacturer's directions but I don't think you can really hurt anything with 150 watts. I personally, on my own plant, would start at 6" with that bulb of yours.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Good advice from Catfish22 there. 6 inches is a good starting point. And SoOrbudgal is right too, you're going to have to test it out.
      As for the true ratings of the bulb...the actual ratings of the bulb should be printed on the bulb itself somewhere (but maybe not). For light distance with a CFL you can go pretty close but you still do not want to get too close to the plants that the bulbs cast too much heat (or even light) onto the plant. Use temperature readings of the leaves (and light measurement if you can) to figure it out. Some more reading here (there is a CFL section). Good luck!
      Each type of grow light (CFLs, LEDs, HPS, etc) has a "sweet spot" as far as how far to keep from your plants. Learn what the sweet spot is for your light!
      Last edited by JeffInCanada; 05-11-2021, 01:57 PM.
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

Howdy Giannhs, I have been growing with CFLs for the last ten grows, I use a total of 220 watts per planter (Bubble Phonics style) consisting of two 55 watt lamps at 2700° K and two 55 watt lamps at 5000° K. I have been using the 'rule of thumb' of keeping the lamps as far (or close) to the plants as I can keep the back of my hand. If it is too hot to keep my hand under the lamps, then it is too close for the plants. The only time that I keep the lamps farther away (about 8 inches or 200 mm) is during the early seedling growth stage.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X