No announcement yet.

Project Murcott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 5 is here. I'm getting a bit concerned about the yellowing in here. I am going to try feeding two times a week instead of one when they start showing flowers since they are obviously going a bit hungry in mid to late flower. It will help me burn through the remaining bottle nutes faster anyway. I think I'm also going to top dress a tablespoon or so of worm castings every week in mid flower to help with cola building.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0506.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	534840
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Do they use more nutes when they are producing seed?

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      They use much more nitrogen for seed making than they do in sinsemilla grows so I add some of their grow nutrients along with the bloom stuff when I mix the liquid feed.

I fixed my pH issue with the help of the new soil tester. The big one tested at 5.5 so she got a dose of some 9.0 tap water to counter it. She's all good at 6.5 after that and a feeding. Speaking of that, this is my midweek reminder to top dress the Tangies with worm castings.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:

Comment

I went ahead and added the worm castings today. Look what I found when I was watering them in -

Name:	IMG_0528.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	771.8 KB
ID:	535523

Remember how I said the tent was radioactive when the males were flowering? Now I have a mutant to prove it.
      Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        Are there seeds in there?

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        It only developed lately and probably missed getting dusted. Time will snitch.

Week 6 started in the middle of me chopping six plants, emptying every tent and wiping them down, starting seeds for the next project and ten thousand other little distractions. That's my excuse for spacing out and forgetting to get a picture. The Tangies are once again rooming with the GSC, PPD and Lavender for at least a few weeks. Coconut Grove now has the six from the nursery and the Project Blueberry tent now hosts a drying rack. The three boarders will probably move into that tent once all the Blueberry, Tangie and Kosher Kush buds dry out and go into their jars.

The Tangies are looking better this week. I'm still trying to figure out what caused the yellowing. Every plant in this tent is getting fed Mega Crop until harvest to try it out. It's Canadian and highly recommended by the owner of the grow shop. It's super concentrated so the bag will probably last a decade. I use a tablespoon to make 3.5 gallons. I discovered that it must be pH buffered too. The first time I mixed it I thought it was just a nice coincidence, but this weekend I made some flowering strength feed then diluted what was left for the ones in veg and the pH stayed at 6.5.
      Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

It is week 7 of flower and the Tangies are growing out as though they weren't pollinated. It may have been too early to get the kind of seed yield I got from Deuxberry or maybe Tangie just gets frosty in flower regardless. We are hours away from a cool front and lower humidity and that will be a big relief for this tent. I expect to empty out the 3x3 tent where the latest harvest is drying and move the boarders into it this week. Here's a shot of the crowd:

Name:	IMG_0553.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	537854

And here's another Tangie mutation:

Name:	IMG_0551.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	740.6 KB
ID:	537853

The plants in this tent are liking the Megacrop better than the ones in veg. It seems unused potassium builds up in veg if you don't water to runoff, jacking up the pH. I'd gotten used to watering to pot weight without runoff with the older nutes and worm castings and Alien Technology and Peyote Z--z suffered because of that. On the brighter side, these Tangies are getting stinky.
        Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

At week 8 of flower, I've kicked out the boarders now that the 3x3 tent Deuxberry was in has been emptied out. And then I added one more just because. Well, because my Super Lemon Haze from the veg tent needed to be flipped right now. I'm only just starting to see milky trichs in the Tangies. Next week may well be their last feed before harvest. Only one of these girls seems like she is focused on seed and not frost. I may just get usable bud from three of the Tangies in here. This weekend's feed was the first one where I didn't let any of them go without using the soil pH tester. The Tangies were all OK but a few of the ones in veg were too high and I caught it. Chop date for Murcott is tentatively set for October tenth. That will finally end the second of two projects started back in May. It's been a wild ride trying to get them through June alone and now they are all frosty and stinky and I've learned quite a lot from the experience already. Here's the scene just before I decided to flip SLH.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0576.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	539035

I've jarred up the Tangie buds from the one pulled from this project.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0563.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,010.7 KB ID:	539036

If you look at the bottom of the center jar, you'll notice a seed from the accidental cross with Blueberry pollen. The taste is strongest on exhale and the high is quite buzzy, made to order for a wake and bake. The smell is loud but not as loud as Blueberry. Good thing I'm making seed because this is getting grown again.
          Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week 9 starts with not many orange hairs on the buds. This may slide to 11 weeks. The buds are beginning to slump over from the weight and I've tied up some of the slouchiest ones on the big girl in the corner. I'm also rushing on some of the smoke from their sister. It looks like I forgot to start iCloud on this PC so pics and the rest of my posts will hafta wait.

Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Name:	IMG_0586.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	541184
              All right. I'm home and sober for the moment, so here's what the Tangie tent looks like now. The one at front left is the Super Lemon Haze that outgrew everyone else in veg.

Name:	IMG_0593.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	541185
              Here's one of the Tangie buds just to show off the frost.

I finally got off my ass and brewed a compost tea from a pack of two I got as a freebie two or three years ago. They come in nice mesh bags that can be cut open and refilled and reused and they will get reused. I gave all the flowering plants a drink of tea instead of a feed. The ones in veg will get tea tomorrow.

Megacrop will probably get sidelined after this grow. I'm seeing a lot of badly burnt sugar leaves in here and on PPD in the 3x3 tent and I've probably lost two in veg to high pH.
              Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

In week ten, not much looks different except for the Super Lemon Haze I moved in.

Name:	IMG_0613.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	5.04 MB
ID:	541936

The big one in the corner got a little too dried-out for comfort and was pouting this morning. I've taken all my plants off Megacrop indefinitely and will finish these last few weeks on Soul again. Two of the plants I was feeding Megacrop are already on the do-not-feed list over in the 3x3 anyway.
                Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

The end is finally in sight for this project at 11 weeks in flower. I've given the Tangies their last feed before fade and maybe I can take them by next weekend. I'm seeing enough cloudy trichs to justify taking one or two of them right now but I like to take my time until they are just right.

Name:	IMG_0629.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	542979

Super Lemon Haze is coming along well in flower. Here's a close-up of one of her tops and here's how that Tangie bud on a fan leaf is looking:

Name:	IMG_0630.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	886.2 KB
ID:	542980Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0628.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	852.9 KB
ID:	542981

Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

After five months, there are no more Tangies standing! The four pollinated(?) ones are drying along with the PPD and GSC that used to be their tentmates. Looks like there may not be as many seeds produced in this run as in other projects but I don't mind having so much usable bud after all this time. Updates and pics when I get the time. It was bodaciously busy in the basement this morning.
                    Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Today, Project Murcott went into the black! I gathered 14 seeds from the tent floor. (The original pack had a baker's dozen in it.) Most seem to be dropping from the calyxes at the nodes and not out of the buds themselves yet. I still can't get over how resinous they are even though pollinated.
                      Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

The four seedy Tangies were jarred Sunday - it took nine of them! Two will be going out to friends in the Ozarks to augment their stashes and private seedbanks. The rest may take a minute to burn through unless I get a rosin press.
                        Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X