Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this just a lot of pre-flowering? or did it actually start flowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this just a lot of pre-flowering? or did it actually start flowering?

These plants are Gorilla Glue autos they are both on day 24 and the smaller one is showing pistils on the main stalk and at most of the nodes and branches. Right now it only has 6 branches and the main stalk, the next set of branches are growing in but still quite small. Was wondering if it is just aggressively pre-flowering or has actually entered flowering? I think it is still just pre-flowering because it has not stretched yet and seems to be growing about 2 days behind the other which has very few preflowers with very small pistils (need magnifying glass) but I am new to all of this so I don't really know. I want to continue training her but if it is actually in flowering I don't want to shrink what would already be a very small yield on a plant that size. The pistils are growing most compact at the main stalk site as shown in one of my pictures and most of the branches look like those shown in the pictures.

Have used ~1/4 recommended amount of FF Grow Big and FF Big Bloom in 2 of last 4 waterings
    Last edited by SleepyTibbs; 05-07-2021, 03:31 PM. Reason: finally figured out how to make a signature
    - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
    - 2 Cookiedawg, 2 Ice Cream Punch, all photoperiod, Sprouted Jan 25th
    - 5 gallon fabric pots raised about 1.5" for airflow and easy runoff cleanup
    - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants
    - Soil is FF Ocean Floor bottom 1/2 or so and top is FF Happy Frog
    - Water in veg was about 6.6PH and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 6.3PH for flowering
    - RH usually around 50% Temp ranging from 78 Fahrenheit to 83 Fahrenheit
    - 6" Oscillating fan clipped to tent pole for air flow within tent
    - 6" carbon filter and fan for exhaust, 4" carbon filter and fan for intake​

You'll know in about a week, but I'd say it's starting to flower. That being said, it'll still grow quite a lot and you can still low-stress train them to encourage further branching. My last autoflowering plant began flowering around the 30-day mark, still quite small (less than 30cm/12in if I remember correctly), but almost tripled in size in the following few weeks.

Comment

• azorahai
      azorahai commented
      Editing a comment
      It's good practice to not stress autoflowering plants too much, but even if you rip a pistil off it's just one calyx among countless others that will still grow. Actually, I'm not even sure if pistils are important to the development of a calyx, as its primary function is to germinate pollen and begin the production of seeds.
      I'm honestly not the best person to give advice about autos, but defoliation is a rather low-stress method that would increase light penetration at the bud sites and help the plant branch off. Perhaps give the GWE's guides on defoliation and LST for autoflowering strains a read, it could help you out.

• SleepyTibbs
      SleepyTibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      azorahai Thanks, I'll go give them a read right now. I had read Nebula's guide on defoliation but that one wasn't really geared toward autos. I did start a bit of defoliation on the plants a few days ago though. I should be watering later today and I might take one more set of fans from the larger plant to really let light down on the branches, I think she has enough foliage below them to still take in plenty of light. Might take a set from the smaller one too but I am leaning more towards tomorrow with that one. Should probably hold off on flowering nutes until she really gets going right?

• azorahai
      azorahai commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps wait a few more days until you're absolutely sure they're flowering. If you're following a nutrient schedule, usually they'll have a "transition" week before "early flowering".

Day 20 something is when autos usually take off. They’ll start growing faster and showing signs of flower

Comment

yep its auto so its gone in to flowering ,,like others have said it'l start to put on a spurt in growth and start flowering ,,,,,,mac,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X