THOUGHTS PLEASE ASAP... drastic move in VEG/white soil mites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THOUGHTS PLEASE ASAP... drastic move in VEG/white soil mites

Thinking about doing something drastic today...I seriously can NOT stand the thought of white soil mites, harmless or not, it grosses me out and I don't even want to touch my plants. My problem has gotten better BUT it's now been 4 days of rigorous treatment. I'm impatient but I think that's long enough cuz I can't give them the love they deserve. 3 of them are clones and 1 week into VEG. The 4th one is from seed but 1 week into VEG also (counting the veg time from when I transplanted into the 10 gallon fabric pots)
    #1~ I know where I got the bag/bags of affected soil and I won't be going there again for that, even though they are a very well known nursery in my area.
    #2~ Going to take my 4 plants outside for a few to take pout of pots, remove soil, wash the plants and roots with lost coast therapy (and BURN the old pots and soil, lol kidding kinda)
    #3~ Use some Great White on the roots, mix some FRESH AND NEW soil with my Earth Dust base and fill NEW pots with 1/2 that soil and the rest with like Happy Frog. I will feed plants tea with earth dust if they need more (my soil usually needs to amend for 2 weeks, but obviously 'I ain't got no time for that!'
    #4~ while I'm out doing this to these plants, I thought about doing some kind of treatment INSIDE that tent to clean it... but maybe just wipe it all with bleach water???

ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS would be great! Please let me know if this is something you've ever done or know of someone who has!!!
    4 x 4 Secret Jardin (Veg)
    2- ES 180's V3 (Green Sunshine Company)
    AC Infinity T6

5 x 5 Secret Jardin (Flower)
    2- ES 300's V3 (Green Sunshine Company)
    AC Infinity T6

Black Gold Natural & Organic Ultra Coir
    Green Gro Pride Lands organic nutrients
    Smart Pots (15 gallon)

I use cocoloco anymore and don’t get many pests. When I used to grow in soil if I ever got anything in it I’d mix Neem Oil into a gallon a warm enough water so it’ll mix then water the plant like normal. It won’t hurt the plant snd will kill anything in the soil fairly quick. Helps if you let it completely dry out between waterings as well. Good luck!

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Coco and perlite

Soil is for outdoors.

It's the reason most people have solid floors, brooms and vacuum cleaners. When you bring soil indoors you bring in part of a living environment; that inevitably brings in bugs and other fun and interesting living things. Unfortunately, it does not bring in the entire balanced environment to control the bad guys. You have to. This is the reason many people choose soilless methods.

If you must use soil, and you have your own property, I'd suggest building your own hot compost pile (or buy a box or drum) and make your own soil. Hot compost will kill most bad guys. Look for information on how to build one. Then how to mix your own soil. I maintain a compost pile and use a shredder/chipper to eat up debris and put out compost raw material. It's where my cannabis trimmings go, and I have the happiest worms in the state. But I use that in my outdoor veggie garden.

Living in Michigan, it's likely you have very alkali, hard water. I live in the far SW of the state, right off Lake Michigan and have hard water that hovers around 8.0 ph, with TDS around 160-180 mg/l. It's almost like having a bottle of cal-mag in my tap water. Only the ph is too high for cannabis ...

BUT!

Canadian peat moss has a very low ph, and can offset the high ph of hard tap water. Using this method, you eliminate soil-borne pathogens, including those nasty mites, and eliminate a lot of ph hassles. Pair it with a good drip irrigation pump and it is one form of hydroponics that you can walk away from for a few days and not worry about ph changes. The peat and the root system does the ph chemistry for you.

Oh, and it's cheap. Look around hard enough and you can find a 4-cu.ft. (30 gallon) bag for around $20. A 3-cu.ft. bag of Canadian peat goes for around for around $12 for a compressed 3-cu.ft. But you don't need much peat moss to offset the water ph.

You can see how I do it here: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...tap-water-grow

As for using organics in hydro, that has been a no-no for a while ... BUT!

There's been a pretty sweet new kid on the block that has shown up over the past few years: soy protein hydrolysates. Organically derived nitrogen that brings along a lot of complex organic plant candy.

I think there are some cannabis-oriented nutes than contain them. As for the essential nute, here's how a couple of sites describe them:

Looking to carry liquid organic nitrogen fertilizer? Call Ferticell now for a leading amino acid fertilizer, Explorer Liquid 10-0-0!

I think that is pretty cool. I do think it helps in the stuff I use. It really smells organic, which brings out the old hippy in me.

I hope this helps.

BR

2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X