Doctor Seedsman 30:1 CBD Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Seedsman 30:1 CBD Auto

I've just sprouted a few plants and am looking for some cultivation help. It sounds like they take a long time, for autos, to harvest - 13 weeks - and will grow pretty tall, about 5'. Does anyone have experience with these? I'm wondering if the will branch out much (like how much growing space do they need) and whether I could get by with topping them, given the long growing time. Also, will they need much nutrient or will that be bad for them? If I were to grow them in containers, what size would be good?

Also, I'm hoping to cross them with some ruderalis if I can get the timing right and get some cbd auto seeds that will have higher cbd content than the ruderalis does.
    Thanks for any help!

Subscribing to this thread. I have those seeds also, haven't grown them. An auto will grow as short as you train it, you can keep it well under 5'. Success of topping an auto depends on the strain. Autos need a nutrient schedule. Did they say 13 weeks? The duration to harvest isn't much less than a photoperiod. I haven't grown many autos, and I'm unsure how well crossing them will work. Of course you'll get males, too, we all know that - but I thought I read somewhere that the genetic characteristic that determines auto may not be present. (Did I make any sense there? What I mean is, if you cross an auto, the seed you get may not be an auto, it may be photoperiod.)

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
      PeterMatanzas commented
      Editing a comment
      and I don't mean crossing an auto with a photoperiod. I mean crossing an auto with another auto doesn't guarantee you'll get auto seeds.

• FredW
      FredW commented
      Editing a comment
      My impression is, and I may well be wrong, that the autoflowering gene is recessive, which would mean (I think) that any plant that behaves like an auto must have received an auto gene from both parent plants and so crossing two autos would always produce auto children. On the other hand, if you cross an auto with a photo only on average 1/4 of the children would have two auto genes. So if you flip two coins and do that four times the average results would be HH, tt, Ht, and tH. But I may be entirely wrong about all this, and I'd be glad to hear other people either confirm that or set me straight.

One bad thing and one good thing about that, if it's true, is that if you cross an auto with a photo, the first generation, F1, would all appear to be photos (having one gene of each and thus displaying the dominant gene), but if you plant seeds from those, the next generation, the F2, would show 25% auto characteristic and they would be true autos and so would any next generations from crossing those plants. Assuming this is true (about the auto gene being recessive), you would have an easy way to keep the autos from getting pollinated by the 75% that weren't all auto: just cull out all the plants that don't flower early.
      Last edited by FredW; 05-06-2021, 04:41 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X