Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plants flowering Early? Possible Hermaphrodite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Plants flowering Early? Possible Hermaphrodite.

I am growing in a 2'x4'x5' tent with 2 viparspectra p1000 LEDs. My growing medium is Happy frog potting soil in 3 gallon pots and I have a 4" vivosun inline fan and 7" hanging fan for circulation. I have used both FF Grow Big and FF Big Bloom at 1/4 recommended amounts in 2 of the last 3 waterings. Just water without nutes every other watering before. As far as I know I have never had a light leak during darkness hours and temp and humidity have been in good ranges. Both of these plants are 21 days from being planted. The picture with the red circle is from the smaller plant and is clearly showing small white pistils but the plant is still quite small. Shouldn't it have grown out much more before growing any pistils? The picture with the red arrow is pointing to what I am worried is a pollen sac and signs of a hermy. I am really hoping I am just seeing things and the plant hasn't shown sex yet a more experienced eye would be greatly appreciated.

I should mention they are Gorilla Glue autos. Also they would probably be a good 2 or 3 inches taller right now but I bent the whole plant down to control height a bit.
    Last edited by SleepyTibbs; 05-04-2021, 08:36 PM.
    - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
    - 2 Cookiedawg, 2 Ice Cream Punch, all photoperiod, Sprouted Jan 25th
    - 5 gallon fabric pots raised about 1.5" for airflow and easy runoff cleanup
    - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants
    - Soil is FF Ocean Floor bottom 1/2 or so and top is FF Happy Frog
    - Water in veg was about 6.6PH and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 6.3PH for flowering
    - RH usually around 50% Temp ranging from 78 Fahrenheit to 83 Fahrenheit
    - 6" Oscillating fan clipped to tent pole for air flow within tent
    - 6" carbon filter and fan for exhaust, 4" carbon filter and fan for intake​

Those are female pre-flowers, which will swell up when they begin flowering and develop into calyxes with a single pistil (which is composed of two stigmas). Cannabis buds are essentially just collections of developed calyxes.

Comment

• SleepyTibbs
      SleepyTibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      lol this is essentially what my buddy just sent me in a text. Puts me at ease a bit thank you. Probably will see sex any day now on the bigger one then? I was also under the assumption that the plant would stretch up to twice its size in the first week or so of flowering? Did I somehow skip this phase or does it also develop pistils during the stretch? Thanks again for chiming in.

• azorahai
      azorahai commented
      Editing a comment
      They aren't flowering yet from the looks of it. When they do, they'll stretch for a while and begin producing a lot of calyxes.

• SleepyTibbs
      SleepyTibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      azorahai this is good news lol I was looking at them like the disappointed hands on hips guy thinkin "come on girls you were supposed to get bigger first"

It's a bit difficult to tell in the photo but I'm pretty certain its not a sac. However, may I ask why you're feeding nutrients so soon? There are enough nutrients in your soil to last a few months. Those roots haven't had enough time to fully explore that bag yet. Good looking grow so far. Relax and let them search for food.

Comment

• SleepyTibbs
      SleepyTibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      These plants are the first time I have grown anything in my life lol so I am definitely in unfamiliar territory. I had a buddy who grows tell me to feed them nutes every other watering so I started to, he grows strictly photos though. I did notice after their last feeding they took in a bit to much N though. Edges of leaves are a darker green than the rest of it. Probably should just use water with no nutes for next few waterings? As for the smaller one showing pistils do you think she will stretch out still? Shes so tiny lol Also thank you very much I will try to be less "helicopter dad" with them.

Hard to tell, still young but looks like it pointing up which would be a calyxes. Pollen sacs will grow down and eventually look like a set of balls on your plant. Proud ones too😂 In all seriousness, hermies is a common trait with that strain so keep your temps down and don’t stress it much once in flower.

Comment

lol I have seen the big ol' banana balls hanging off some in pictures bboyfromwayback I have been attempting LST though like in these pictures is this potentially too much stress? As for temp it should be pretty good I live in AZ (recently became legal to grow here) and our A/C is always set to 74 degrees F.
      - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
      - 2 Cookiedawg, 2 Ice Cream Punch, all photoperiod, Sprouted Jan 25th
      - 5 gallon fabric pots raised about 1.5" for airflow and easy runoff cleanup
      - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants
      - Soil is FF Ocean Floor bottom 1/2 or so and top is FF Happy Frog
      - Water in veg was about 6.6PH and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 6.3PH for flowering
      - RH usually around 50% Temp ranging from 78 Fahrenheit to 83 Fahrenheit
      - 6" Oscillating fan clipped to tent pole for air flow within tent
      - 6" carbon filter and fan for exhaust, 4" carbon filter and fan for intake​

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea autos get firm quick

• SleepyTibbs
        SleepyTibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        bboyfromwayback or did I entirely misunderstand and you meant take the branches down further? Lol

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        No I meant lay the whole thing over but if it’s too hard then do what you’re doing👍🏻

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X