Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

white soil mites.. NO ONE RIDES FOR FREE, JERKS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white soil mites.. NO ONE RIDES FOR FREE, JERKS!!!

Aghhhh... springtime in Michigan... While amending my organic soil for my second run I almost had a heart attack! Noticed them ALL OVER the bin (not exaggerating), and then all over the smart pots that are in my 4x4. The bin was directly across from that tent. My 5x5 tent that holds my very first ever grow, which is finishing up veg... is NOT affected and is on the other side of the room in the basement. After much research on here and other means including Green Sunshine Co (my lights and earth dust nutrients), Ive come to the thought that they are most likely white soil mites. My plants don't seem to be affected, and I've used EXCELLENT IPM from the beginning, BEFORE any issues. Those included, yellow sticky traps on top of soil, neem oil spray, and Lost Coast Plant Therapy spray, along with proper air circulation, temps, and RH. Upon seeing this outbreak, I immediately sprayed EVERYTHING with Lost Coast Plant Therapy, then brought the soil bins outside, because that's what they were amending for anyway! I planted a week earlier than we should here outside in Michigan, but I will keep an eye out for night temps and will cover if need be. Then, I added Pride Lands Defense to my pots, new planted ones otiose and the ones in BOTH tents. I've been diligently spraying the outside of the pots (soaking them almost) a cal times a day and only 1x a day on the plants themselves just before lights go out. This morning, EVERYTHING has calmed down immensely and I was able to get a better photo through my little microscope that works through an app on my iPhone so I can see them and take photos. When I tell you these bugs are as tiny as a pen point mark and IMO move pretty quick for such a lil thing. I haven't seen them on the plant itself, other than at the base of the main stalk. In this picture, it may look huge but IT IS NOT AT ALL and you can see the leftover "oils" and such that are in the Lost Coast spray.. its not larvae. There is no real color to these things except like a clear white/off white. THE POSITIVE THING IS THAT ITS GOING AWAY by my adamancy!!! Favorite saying of my husband's and mine... NO ONE RIDES FOR FREE and those little shits ain't paying my bills lol, so BE GONE!
    Attached Files
    4 x 4 Secret Jardin (Veg)
    2- ES 180's V3 (Green Sunshine Company)
    AC Infinity T6

5 x 5 Secret Jardin (Flower)
    2- ES 300's V3 (Green Sunshine Company)
    AC Infinity T6

Black Gold Natural & Organic Ultra Coir
    Green Gro Pride Lands organic nutrients
    Smart Pots (15 gallon)

Friggin buggers. I better put my thick magnifier glasses on and check my bin outdoors. I too just mixed a new batch of soil in one i checked pretty good at all corners and inside of lid for anything after i sprayed it down with the hose but you just don't know till it's sat and you start using it. I look at the soil after waterings i just stare at it see if i see any movement from drowning critters ontop of soil. Man that really is a bummer. Kill them kill them all LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• QueenofOG
      QueenofOG commented
      Editing a comment
      Uh huh!!! That's exactly how they started, on the bin edges, and the lid! I thought it was part of the healthy living conditions that happen with living soil, which kinda is, but still gross when its a huge outbreak! I noticed it about a week prior, but like I said I didn't look enough to see them moving, until all of a sudden I saw them in the tent then on the fabric pots!!!! That Lost Coast Plant Therapy is expensive, BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!

Sounds like you are on top of them, I agree kill 'em kill 'em all!
    I had that bumper sticker on the dash of a pickup, picked up a hitch hiker he read the sign on the dash " Ass, Gas, or Grass, No one rides for free"! He pulled out a joint lite it and passed it to me saying "I hope this is good enuf" LOL and it was.

Comment

• QueenofOG
      QueenofOG commented
      Editing a comment
      Rwise you have me dying laughing!!!!!! That's a GREAT story!!!

Ok.... while my plans of attack on these little shits is working, its also not working. I'm most positive it is white soil mites. It's been 3 days of intensely attending to them. I haven't noticed damage to my plants at all, but I don't know if it's just because I'm on top of it so hardcore, or what, but I have a different idea now. Even though these are supposed to not be harmful to the plants, I just can't deal with my it, gives me eebie jeebies. I might do something crazy tomorrow... take plants out of pots, get as much dirt off as possible, rinse them off roots and all, and replant into fresh and new soil. Problem is, I use Earth Dust and it has to be amended, which I don't have time for obviously. With that in mind I'm thinking if I add it into the bottom 1/2 of the pot and then feed a tea if needed, it'll prob be ok.. and I guess if not.....well then I tried! Right?!?! gotta still be a better outcome than feeling like I have bugs all over me and not even wanting to touch my plants! I'm so pissed right now, and mores because when trying to read on it, everyone always thinks its a million other things and its most likely not, only the white soil mites, and probably cuz those bags of soil came from a local nursery that probably had the bags since year. I've spent my entire days researching this shit and I'm just irritated, too tomorrow will be interesting!!!!!
    4 x 4 Secret Jardin (Veg)
    2- ES 180's V3 (Green Sunshine Company)
    AC Infinity T6

5 x 5 Secret Jardin (Flower)
    2- ES 300's V3 (Green Sunshine Company)
    AC Infinity T6

Black Gold Natural & Organic Ultra Coir
    Green Gro Pride Lands organic nutrients
    Smart Pots (15 gallon)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X