Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this normal?

This is my first grow, as a newbie in Jamaica, outside grow I take inside when the humidity is too high in the nights I get clawing, I have a very bad leaf miner issue as well. I didn't want to use spinosad and have no neem oil. But I notice the leaves were dying. 7 week growth , 2 different plants
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

clearly the plants have issues. Bug damage for sure. Need more info though...type of soil, size of pot, watering habits, PH levels, type of Nutrients, temp and humidity levels. Throwing some seeds in a pot and sticking them outside may allow them to grow but they won't produce much THC/CBD unless you learn to grow them properly.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• chevious
      chevious commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you, again this is my first grow so excuse my lack of experience. I used regular potting soil mixed with perlite in a 4-gallon pot. I water when I feel little moisture 4-5 inches in the soil, every 2- 3 days I would water. I can not get fox farm via America to her so I had to settle for over-the-counter grow fertilizer n20 p20 k20which calls for 1 tablespoon to 1-gallon water, I used distilled water and half a tablespoon in a 1-gallon bottle and shake it up. Temp ranges from 25 degrees Celcius to 32 degrees, humidity goes from 40 to 90 at night and I take them inside. I have bigger pots but I am thinking twice as they have started to flower earlier than I had wanted due to the 11-13 hour light cycle. I do have an issue with leaf miners, I try to squish them which kind of help, not interested in spinosad, and I have yet to find a local place to purchase neem oil. This grow is for hands-on learning purposes might I add. Yes these are baggie seeds that only had one seed in each bud, I know I know baggie seeds are a waste of time, but I figured since Jamaica mainly has autoflowers here, I would give it a try.
      Last edited by chevious; 05-04-2021, 12:14 PM.

Temps are high as well as humidity. Keep a fan on them when they are indoors at least that will help with the humidity. NPK at 20 even diluted seems a bit much at 1 tablespoon per gallon. Unfortunately when they bloom (flower) they need much less Nitrogen. If the nutrient is premixed (N20-P20-K20) then you really can't dilute the Nitrogen without diluting the others.

PH levels are likely still be off even when using distilled water.

You'll be lucky if you get anything worthwhile off the plants. Cannabis can be very tricky. Sure, if you throw it in a pot, water occasionally and give it some sunshine, it will grow like any other plant. The trick is to make it produce big buds (flowers)...unless you like smoking huge joints made of fan leaves (like drinking ultralight beer and lots of it) to get some "effect", growing cannabis takes a bit more thought and practice.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• chevious
      chevious commented
      Editing a comment
      I use half a teaspoon with the fertilizer. I also have a bloom fertilizer over the counter but this is npk 13-0-44 . I have refrained from using it as I know my grow is already messed up and I didn't want to kill the plants. I was thinking of reducing the recommended dosage as well. I do try to give it thought and practice but given the climate structure of my location, a grow tent would be way more beneficial to the plants to have a steady climate. That however cost 40-50,000 Jamaican dollars, saving towards it though fam. I appreciate the responses

Originally posted by chevious View Post
    7 week growth , 2 different plants
    Am I reading this correctly? The fems are 7 weeks into flower? Sadly it's a serious issue for that late stage.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
      PeterMatanzas commented
      Editing a comment
      I hate to sound so negative but those are tiny buds after 7 weeks. If you're at 7 I dont think you can mitigate this problem.

• chevious
      chevious commented
      Editing a comment
      This is seven weeks into grow. They started showing flowering signs in late 4-5th week of grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X