Plant problems / clone question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant problems / clone question

Hello My Friends, I have two questions to ask, first one, is an ongoing issue I have been having. after 4-5 weeks of flowering, my plant start turning light green, then yellowing. I have tried everything as far as nutes, flushing. everything is good. after doing some more research on the web, it seems the problem could be light/heat stress. i'm running two cali lightworks solar extreme 250, which have an actual draw of 200 watts. my tent is 54" x 28" x 80" spider farmer, with a 6" t6 cloudline exhaust fan. with lights on, temps can reach 82. I run the light at night to help keep room cool. any thoughts?
    second question. My friend gave me a clone, its a candyland, it was small, about 8" when i got her. I let her veg for 8 weeks, while doing some LST training, then flipped her to 12/12, it's been about 6 weeks, but the buds seem to have stopped growing. is that a clone thing? do clone not grow as big of buds? first 3 pics are my Gelato, with light/heat stress??? the others are the clone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by johnb1963; 05-02-2021, 09:32 AM.

I think the deal with the Candyland clone is its phenotype - it may just be a fast finisher but with smaller yields. As for the Gelato, you are probably right about light/heat stress. You might also want to make sure no fans are pointed directly at your plants. I've had weird stuff pop up in a grow before and I realized the trouble spots were the path of an oscillating fan pointed at the top of the canopy.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

johnb1963 how far is your light from the top of the canopy? I'm growing an ice cream sandwich strain that supposedly is a gelato wedding cake cross. Mine is very light sensitive. Plant turned almost completely yellow within three days. Mine was a light issue. Raised it up about 6 in and everything is great.

Comment

thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback, and the answer to your question are as followed;
        1. I do fan a fan right at the top of the plants, so you can see some movement on the leaves.
        2. the light manufacture recommends 12" for flowering, i raised it to 14", I will try 18" and see what happens.

Comment

one more question, since the candyland doesn't seem to be getting bigger, and based on the trichome pis, do you think I should cut her down, or wait for some amber trichomes?

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
            PeterMatanzas commented
            Editing a comment
            Clones can be enormous. The fourth pic in the OP is Candy Land, correct? If 'yes' I'd leave it alone.

One thing to always consider: a nutrient schedule published by the manufacturer is a best estimate of their's. I find that many plants need more nitrogen than manufacturer instructions. EDIT: I mean they need more N in flower state than suggested.

thanks Peter, I use the foxfarm trio, which cuts way back on "N" the last 3 weeks of flowering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X