Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autos- modified manifold with high stress training- What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autos- modified manifold with high stress training- What do you think?

The first pix is of 2 plants that sprouted 7 weeks ago, Alcopolco gold photos (supposedly). Clones in solo cups in green container. Second pix close up. Third pix different strain same age. Yesterday they were defoliated and stress trained some more. 24 hours later, what looks like bud flowers on the first two plants. I have never grown auto before so don't have experience on the details of what they look like. They sure look like autos that are starting to flower to me, and the timing is correct. What do you think? are they autos? If they are, Here is the answer to the question- can autos be manifolded and high stress trained?

Coco/perlite 70/30, SF 4000, 18/6 cycle, GH trio with cal mag, DTW

. Click image for larger version

Name:	PLANT 1 2021-4-30.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	4.70 MB
ID:	512015Click image for larger version

Name:	PLANT 2 2021-4-30.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	512016
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PLANT 3 2021-4-30.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	512018
    Attached Files
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Yes they can i've seen many autoflower photos done that way. I just don't do manifolds with them.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi SoOrbudgal, I'm getting real interested in trying autos this fall when I get back in and I just read something that has me cornfused too, lol. Not trying to call you out on anything, but I see autoflower photo in your statement. Is there such a thing or just a simple misstatement? Sorry I'm sometimes easily confused, thx.

Hi Ckbrew, I wanted to refer you to a current topic on the forum "Autoflower training ". Ton of good stuff and an absolutely twisted up auto experiment.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

I thought high stress training on autos was a no no? I’m germinating 2 ak47 autos and wasn’t going to touch them but this might change my mind. Keep us posted can’t wait to see how it turns out

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        So did I. These were supposed to be photos. Will see what happens.

yeah there have been pictures on IG of autos as manifolds for a long time, breeders use the pics to sell their seeds even though it's kind of a dice roll because success all depends on the strain and the environment the plant's growing in. Some strains can take it, some not. Your timing has to be near perfect to be sure you're executing the first steps during veg state of an auto, not during transition.

Comment

Update- There has been no new growth on these except for the buds. Do autos stretch like photos?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Give them time to recover this may of slowed them down. Yes autos will stretch just on a smaller scale.

Yes they will stretch, they seem to go into a shift for about 4-5 days.
        I see the limbs getting thicker and they really start to stiffen up to support those fat ass colas!
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Perhaps we are seeing proof that we shouldn’t play with autos just let em go lol

Comment

Update on the mystery autos. They are growing like weeds with flowers. Switch to bloom nutrients? Click image for larger version

Name:	PLANT 4 2021-5-3.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	512870

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes and grow onward and upward Just watch for now and take in the changes.

Name:	CLONE 9A.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	957.1 KB
ID:	522212

Here they are, ready for harvest.

Comment

Name:	AG IN JARS A.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	522214

Here they are finished, the way I like them best.

Comment

Hey Ck, I think you have successfully shown us that manifold and hst is very possible with autos IF they are. Just about have to be on that timeline huh. I enjoy training and manipulating to what I want but want to try autos next and have read some say you can't do it so now I'm enthused about it again.
                Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                make pH correction unnecessary
                Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Hey TOKABIGONE your question..........my mind works faster than my fingers can type so i was talking about manifolds........you can do it on autos/photos what i said i just never did it on autos.
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                    TOKABIGONE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good Morning SoOrbudgal, thanks, I figured it was something like that. Thinking my next go will be autos, drop mid-August. I'll probably drive you nuts with dumb questions at that point, lol! Might as well be like others, huh, ha ha!

Originally posted by TOKABIGONE View Post
                  Hey Ck, I think you have successfully shown us that manifold and hst is very possible with autos IF they are. Just about have to be on that timeline huh. I enjoy training and manipulating to what I want but want to try autos next and have read some say you can't do it so now I'm enthused about it again.
                  "If they are autos" - Is the biggest mystery to me. I planted 2 seeds, they both started flowering at 7 weeks. I also took two clones of the first plant. It was the shoot at the #1 node on both sides of the plant. Now those 2 clones are growing, but clones from autos? Anyway, one of the clones is well into flower, the other one looks like it is in mad veg with just a hint of pre-flowers. But I have absolutely no way of determining their "age" so I am just winging it. I had 3 seeds left from that pack so in they went. two are growing well in a manifold. The third is going but is a runt. I may just toss it. But then I want to see what they turn into. Here are the 2 clones and 3 sisters. The 3 sisters are approaching 6 weeks old now. Next time I will purposely order autos to see what happens.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CLONE AND KIDS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.49 MB ID:	522289

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                    TOKABIGONE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When you think about perhaps mundane jobs, grabbing seed packs to mail everyday could fit that. My first job was in an assembly plant and we had to sort many types of nuts/bolts. Always found wrong bolts in right bin ya know. I know I can't tell a photo seed from an auto. Point is mistakes happen and the results can still be good, eh.

• Ckbrew
                    Ckbrew commented
                    Editing a comment
                    All still good. Good harvest.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X