What cause this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What cause this problem?

Hello guys , after one night this happen , i forgot to start ac, temperature was 29 celsius and i think i overwater before . What to do ? Harvest or leave them to recover
    Attached Files

To clarify, these were all green and healthy and that happened in one night with no warning? That would be a pretty significant change.Do you have sensors that log data? If so check it for trends over a few days. It is very possible your heat or RH might be spiking when you aren’t around (most likely the humidity spiking when the lights are off).

I don’t think 29 for a night would be a problem, depending on the genetics. I’ve had mine go that high and higher for much longer without a problem. If it is one or the other it is more likely water/root related (or bud rot but keep your fingers crossed it isn’t that because that can extremely quickly wipe out your harvest. With that said, you are using cloth pots and I think I see some wood under them to keep them out of any standing water so the pots should drain and dry quite well (don’t let water stand in the bottom regardless). How long has the wood been under them? Some wood is treated and I doubt it would be good for the plants - perhaps chemicals wicked up into the soil and finally reached the tipping point. How close are they to the snip? I would be thinking seriously about cutting my losses if there is a possibility it is bud rot. Where the leaves are all dead you might as well cut it and do an autopsy to see if there is rot because dead leaves won’t recover. If there isn’t any bud rot check the roots. You may be able to salvage the bud depending on what you find but don’t use bud with rot in it. If there is a lot of rrot you should cut and see if any is salvageable and when you are done, scour your tent to get rid of any possibility of leftover spores.

Sorry, it isn’t great news, but see what you find in the buds and roots when you look at the ones that are completely dead.

Comment

Harvest
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Last time when were all good , i was digging a little bit with my hand for good drainage and i think i broke some roots, can be this the reason?
        i have desumidifier set on 45
        wood have 2 months
        i cut 8 of them i have 8 more now

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
          DeadlyFruit commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, if you were digging in the pot and breaking roots it could definitely hurt/kill the plants. Especially if the taproot is one of those broken. Never disturb the roots if you don’t have to. The only reason I can think of for me that might be worth messing with the roots (either on purpose or by accident) would be trying to deal with a plant that is really rootbound while doing a transplant.

I agree with azorahai on pretty much all comments - growth medium does look too dry and with cloth pots/perlite/not sitting in water/fan blowing/reasonable RH it is almost impossible to overwater (it’s possible but you would almost have to be trying to drown them 🙂). If they do have good sugar leaves they can definitely survive (I am a defoliater ) but where the sugar leaves are dead so is the plant. The one thing I’ll add is that even if part of the plant and/or sugar leaves are still alive you still need to check the brown/dead spots for rot. If there is any it really could take out the entire crop in a short space of time. Watch for brown patches of bud, bad smell, sliminess etc. Inside it might be brown/gray and generally looking a little moldy/rotten.

AFAIK the remaining sugar leaves will still photosynthesize, which is why some people will heavily defoliate in late flowering, but from the looks of your plants it would seem like they are in the process of dying. They were probably severely underwatered for a ~45% RH and ~29 ºC temperature, which is evident to me as your substrate is seems really dry all around except for that little bit of water around the main stem. You could try watering them thoroughly and giving it a few more days, but if they (the healthier looking ones) don't bounce back, you should probably harvest.

Next time, add more perlite to your mix and don't be afraid to saturate it when watering/feeding. With enough perlite, it's practically impossible to "overwater" (i.e. to asphyxiate your roots), specially in a fabric pot, as there's always enough oxygen in the root zone.

Comment

Why are so many roots exposed in your pots?
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes those roots are hurting, more soil is a must for this!

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Puglover1 i was just looking an wondering LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X