Bio pesticide for mites control**newbie**2nd microgrow**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bio pesticide for mites control**newbie**2nd microgrow**

Doing a two plant micro-grow in a wooden cabinet in a south asian country. Recently both plants were diagnosed with two spotted mites infestation, still in a early stage. One of the girl just entered flower. Reading all the available information to control them. One of the option I am considering is using a bio pesticide. Avoiding Neem oil but will use if it's better than fungi. I am unable to find any information on using fungi to control mites on cannabis plant. One of the product available in this country says it effectively controls all types of mites for all fruiting plants and even have very good reviews from people. Just checking if it's safe to use on cannabis plants. Have attached a few pics of the product. I am not able to get the name of the fungi in this product.

Product description : Zaena’s Mites controller - Spores of this fungus when comes in contact with the skin of the pest insect, they germinate and grow directly through the skin to the inner body of their host. The fungus proliferates throughout the insect’s body, draining the insect of nutrients and eventually killing it. Target pests Tetranychus urticae (Two – spotted Spider Mite), Panonychus ulmi (European Red Mite), Byrobia rubrioculus (Brown Mite), Aculus schlectendali (Apple Rust Mite).
    Attached Files

Look like not many are aware of this. I went ahead and sprayed the fungii on the plants. I'll keep ya'll posted. thank you.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well i use something similar on my outdoor bushes but only use reg. dish soap tablespoon in a sprayer mixed with gallon of water. Very mild soap at that. Then i shake the branches but these are large plants outdoors during summer. Don't let sunshine hit those with the spray may have bad reaction...put in shade

Never heard of it.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Just to update, the bio pesticide didn't work at all. Ended up in early harvest and not much potent...

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        bummer it didnt work, but thanks for letting us know. Were your plants clones or from seed? Never had a mite infestation but iv also never used someone else's clones either.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear. I hope your next harvest makes up for this.

it was from Seed. Although but I think the root cause was due to high temperature and very low humidity which is typical of our summers here. I didn't use any humidity or temperature control.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X