Silica Blast for high temps this summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Silica Blast for high temps this summer

Picked up a jug of this stuff a couple days ago along with some Flora Nova grow/bloom. Not feeding quite yet, because they're in the Happy Frogs.

Anyone used this silica stuff? Hoping for some mitigation to the heat if it's as hot as last year, as well as to thicken up the stems a bit VS the evil bugs.

More snakeoil or did I spend wisely?

Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

I have noticed my stems get bigger this grow and it has been helping with stress as i have had some cold 62F nights not ideal but they snuck in cause Canada's weather has been off the charts changing often heck it snowed a few days ago lol in April if you do any Manifold / LST be careful as if you pump the plant with silica it will harden up the stems quicker.

Silica blast should be decent i don't use the same bottle but botanicare is a expensive brand compared to the green planet nutrients silica supplement i use
    Attached Files

Comment

Just double check your pH. It will affect it. I use GH stuff so I use ArmorSi but I don't even give it until I start reducing grow nutrients. I give it more for bud development in bloom for the extra K after backing off grow and micro nutrients.
      Happy farming!
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Floopydoop
        Floopydoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, been doing some reading on that. Thinking about using the molasses (down) at the same time as the silicon (up), maybe that will even out the range a bit. They are still in the closet, waiting for Mamma's Day or thereabout to take outside. Going to start using it next watering time, start feeding the mycos and thicken up the stems to get them ready.

Edit: I am well aware I'm overthinking this...but it's just so fun.

Started with the Silica Blast and Molasses tonite. Super weak, 5ml/gallon SB and 1tsp Molasses.

*prayers* Don't die dont die dont die *prayers*

Synched light to Mothers Day rise/set. Taking them on walks in the backyard for a couple hours.

They're going in the ground on the 9th.
      Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X