Trying to get my auto Q's in one post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Trying to get my auto Q's in one post

I started two seeds in my Aero-Garden (spring water) using a few drops of their liquid feed. Last weekend I mixed organic garden mix, some peat and the rest of my perlite, filled three 3 gal fabric pots but folded down the tops so I could dress them with more perlite if needed/when available. I cal-mag watered the pots ahead of planting, two days later I dropped a seed that I had germed in a paper towel into the third pot (too many duds, didn't have 3 starts ready) and got twins. I have watered around the stems with a syringe and sprayed water on the top soil (RH challenges). I had a fan die, right now I have a tower fan blowing thru the middle of the partially open closet doors for circulation, pointing at a basin of water, and one fan blowing on my attempt to wick water to up the RH. One pot is very light. Another I stuck my finger down the side yesterday, dry down to one inch from the bottom where I felt a little moisture. I plan to weigh the lightest pot before watering them, I can carry them to the kitchen for watering. I want to tweak the closet, turn upside-down and move the blue cans toward the corners a bit to expose more of the reflective material on the floor. There's a closet shelf on top of those blue cans, a sturdy tight fit. Find my stick-on electronics wire organizers to keep electric cords in place.

Q1. Do I fully water the pots with a long spout watering can? It's been a week.
    Q2. Should I add calmag, and any nutes to the water yet?
    Q3. What pH should I be aiming for after prepping the water?

The temp gauge on my old analog hygrometer stopped working, the RH reads right. I'm using one of the long black 'jar' hygrometers ATM. Since I'm in the closet I don't have many poles to clamp things onto, just the clothes rod, maybe an upper shelf. Not sure if I should get a wall-mount oscillating fan or a clip-on oscillating. I plan to buy another adjustable cheaper clip-on fan for the moisture wicking, or just as a backup. I need to order some stuff tonight.

Q4. Suggestions for a reliable but reasonably priced hygrometer for the closet
    Q5. Suggestions for the fans

I've read and read, I'm trying not to be an auto-newbie PITA. Attaching photos of the plants from this morning, they're growing well so far. And a pic of the closet the last time I took one. TY!!
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Q1 I use a weight scale well sometime. Before and after kinda stupid but It give me a sens of comfort
    Q2 Too early in my opinion you might burn them
    Q3 I always try between 6.3 - 6.5 for soil

Q4 & Q5 Depending of your budget. It's like choosing from a volkswagen beetle or a Porches Taycan 4. How much you wanna pay.
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-25-2021, 06:40 AM.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      CalMag & water or just water? Gently with the watering can? I will keep 6.5 in my noggin. Well, I love a Benz but I only drove new ones from the warehouse to the dealerships. Beetles cost more than my Impala, these days. I was looking for a mid-range hygrometer. I'll have to stud find before buying a wall mount osc fan. I've learned that "Amazon's Choice" items, esp electrical, are sketchy, iffy on quality. Thank you, sir.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      For me I never feed them in the first 3wks. Just PH balance water.

Agree with Farmbuck. I add B12 for seedlings but I don't think it's necessary. My pH is never above 6.5, it bounces typically between 6.1 and 6.3, where I want it. Hydrometer I don't have. Fan I like is this. I have only one tent now everything else is in rooms.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fan.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	501.7 KB
ID:	510417

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does that sit on the floor and/or hang? Oscillate? Do you know the brand? I don't know why but I had in my spider web brain that pH was ideally between 6.5-7.0. Thank you!

• PeterMatanzas
      PeterMatanzas commented
      Editing a comment
      it can sit on the floor or hang (it's really built tho to sit not hang), it doesn't oscillate, I think the brand is Opolar, search for opolar desk fan. EDIT: it's a powerful little thing. The LED fixture in my tent has no cooling fan, it's just LEDs so I have one of these little fans blowing on it.
      Last edited by PeterMatanzas; 04-25-2021, 01:22 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X