Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I grow out from this gift of seed packs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I grow out from this gift of seed packs?

DJ and JD Short strains

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4845.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	510271

Cool! Is that one pack signed by DJ? I think it is...that's cool!! All of them are great I bet. Something tells me that you have breeding plans or thoughts for some of these....go with your inner weed-master wisdom I say
    Last edited by JeffInCanada; 04-24-2021, 02:53 PM.
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
      PeterMatanzas commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, one pack is signed by DJ, pretty amazing

I would have a hard time choosing whats first as well.

Comment

Who is DJ?

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Everyone knows DJ right ?

• Rik
        Rik commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope. Just found out today.

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        What !! You mean you never heard of DJ Short ? The famous Blueberry breeder or should I say the creator.
        Pics of the girls in the art gallery tab in https://www.djgenetics.com/art-gallery/ are awesome.
        Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-24-2021, 04:19 PM.

Nice gift.

You can't go wrong with the classic but I'm eyeballing the New Berry.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. It's available only by auction now, all sold out.

Rik

Here's a link all about DJ Short. Inventer of the classic Blueberry strain.
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

• Rik
        Rik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for filling me in JeffInCanada

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        DJ's son runs Second Generation Genetics. He solicits participation for his test groups, you can see when he's asking for testers and for what crosses, he will advertise on Instagram.

I'd pick the Unicorn, just bc of the name. Looking on the website I saw Temple Flo with Oaxaca leaning. I remember in the 70's smoking Oaxacan, it didn't mess with your eyes, looking like you were stoned.
      Last edited by Puglover1; 04-24-2021, 05:25 PM. Reason: Added info.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Catfish22
        Catfish22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Who decided if you looked stoned or not?

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Catfish22 The mirror. My eyes felt normal, they didn't feel or look like when I got high on other weed. Looking at everybody else smoking it's eyes, they were normal looking. My (deceased) brother sold cars, a couple came in looking, they were only interested in the size of the trunk. He always knew what they were hauling. First time I bought sensimilla was from them in the 70's, it was grown outdoors in Chicago. Awesome weed. I remember him telling us when it was Oaxacan. I knew by one hit when it was Columbian, nobody had to tell me that. My brother's eyes really showed if he was high, no hiding it. I wish he was still here when it finally went legal. He made a run out west for them once, was coming home with 2 lbs left and a bunch of $, got pulled over by a statey in Nebraska. Cop asked him how much $ he needed to get back home, showed him a better way to hide it, took what he wanted and my brother was on his way home, free.

One of each if your space is big enough

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        I can do that outdoors, but 15 plants indoor is all I can handle and I won't do one of each during a run.

I missed a pack, JD had Key Lime Chem stuffed under the F5 Blueberry. EDIT: adding a shot of New Berry, I'll sprout that next week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4854.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	510410

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4853.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	918.3 KB ID:	510408
      Last edited by PeterMatanzas; 04-24-2021, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice again, generous. Go New Berry!

So how did you get this amazing gift? Signed, no less. You must be friends with all the right people?

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        no, just with JD. He gets something back too as would any breeder because I will post my grow photos on icmag or rollitup or Instagram and it helps their business. On a side note, I'm not friends with Derry at Barneys Farm but they will send you free seeds if you post a grow at growdiaries dot com
        Last edited by PeterMatanzas; 04-24-2021, 10:04 PM.

Nice gift packs! You been buying some seeds then? Are they all packs of 13seeds!
      I like the sound of Plumberry Kush & Midnight Frost 🙌🏻 They all look great! Congratulations 🌞

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't buy these. They say 13 but there's more than that in each pack. I don't buy seeds very often, I clone the hell out of the ones I Iike. That said, I did just buy some seeds at oaseeds but they're not delivered yet. Those are Panama Congo Laos Guatemala type seeds I dont see sold in the States.

• Sylvester
        Sylvester commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I know that, you said a gift. I didn't mention USA either, so that doesn't matter.
        Lucky you not having to ever buy seeds.🤩
        What you snapping at me for? Forget it.

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        No no, I'm not. This is what happens when you have no eye contact, no inflection of voice, no body language. I'm not snapping, and I sincerely apologize if that's how I'm coming across. Plus I'm buzzed and don't mean to be terse. I'm sorry.

Mmmm, blooooberrry!
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X