Why are these leaves so droopy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are these leaves so droopy??

I am stumped by my extremely droopy leaves. I’m confused because the leaves look otherwise very healthy. No spots, nice solid green color, not papery in feel. They’re droopy if I’ve just watered them. They’re droopy if it’s been a couple days since watering. They were droopy when I had my light 18” above the top leaves. They were droopy after I moved the light up to 22” above the top leaves. They were droopy when there was lots of air flow in the tent. They were droopy after I opened up the second and third air vents, causing less leaf flutter since the air was coming in more softly from several places. I placed some yellow gnat traps in both pots to get a feel for the amount of fungus gnat activity, and I haven’t had even one gnat yet. I inspect both plants closely daily, and have never seen any bugs of any sort. Please, weed gurus! What is up with these leaves???

Full details:
    2 x OG Kush autos from Nirvana, indoors in a 4x4 tent
    Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest with Nature’s Living Soil and perlite (“Living Soil” approach, not “Super Soil” approach)
    Fed only water, a mix of spring and filtered drinking water that comes out at roughly 6.5 pH (I feed only water since I’m using living soil)
    Light: Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 600 (615 watts from wall)
    Temperature: Low 70s during lights off, mid 70s with lights on
    Humidity: Upper 40s with lights off, low to mid 40s with lights on
    Ventilation: 8” system with 710 CFM fan pulling through two separate large carbon filters (one tail end and one inline) through very long duct work, resulting in a nice breeze coming out in an adjacent room, and tent walls sucking in decently but not extremely hard
    Small Vornado air circulator inside tent, blowing 24/7 on low, pointed slightly down to not be directly on leaves
    Attached Files

I'm perplexe they look healthy... Maybe a bit more humidity !!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Farmbuck, but I wouldn’t think mid 40s was too low??

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Catfish22, but I don’t think that’s it. I just watered them last night and they’re still super droopy today.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought when you are in veg the ideal HR was between 50 to 60%. Sorry friend wish I could help !

Too intense light also can do this can you dial it down any?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal Thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking of light burn too, but I expected to see some discoloration on the leaves. Also, the leaves at the bottom seem to be equally affected as the leaves at the top. Any thoughts?

Yes what i had posted prior were my thoughts along with watering as most of stated. Sorry that's all i got.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate your thoughts nonetheless! Looks like I’ve got a real mystery on my hands here

Rik If they were mine, I'd let em dry out for a week or more til the pots feel like they're full of dust. Very light in weight. I wait til the leaves look soft/soggy/droopy. It'll be a different kinda droopy than what you see now. They'll be begging for a drink. Then water to runoff, within 12 hours they'll be standing up waving at you.

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      PRIMO Thanks for that advice. I’m going to play it by ear, but I will probably wait a while until I water again like you say.

All I can say is I hate droopy leaves and when they happen I am WTF

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha! I am stumped as well...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X