Cheap mini-hygrometers for curing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap mini-hygrometers for curing....

Getting close to harvesting my plants... Picked up a bunch of mini-hygrometers to put in my mason jars to help with curing... Was pleasantly surprised at how accurate they are, between 50% and 53%. They even match up closely to the hygrometers that I keep in my tents... Is this the norm or did I just get lucky...

Click image for larger version  Name:	DNA2K0D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	399.3 KB ID:	509417
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

Those look like the same ones I have. I put a few of mine in a jar with a boveda 62 to test and in a couple days they all read 62 or 63

Comment

It’s not a coincidence 🙃 they kinda work. He best I’ve seen it’s xiaomi mijia Bluetooth hygrometers. Super cheap and much much more accurate and responsive than those black ones

Comment

I have the small round ones. And they vary +/-5% from each other. I put 6 of them in a jar with a 62% Boveda pack for 2 weeks and they all read different numbers.

If yours are accurate, i might have to ok into buying those.
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Anyone know how long the batteries on the groboa ones (little rectangle) last I thought it was crazy it shipped turned on but now I’m thinking there’s little atomic reactors inside of them jokes aside they’re great I suggest everyone have atleast one

Comment

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            All my little ones (different brand) died within 12-15 months. But for all i know....they could have sat in a warehouse for 2 years before being shipped to me. Now i take the battery out when I’m not using the hygrometer.

• DeadlyFruit
            DeadlyFruit commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve only ever had one die in the last couple years, from battery dying or anything else. I second that there is a mini reactor in the little things! My rectangle ones are all within 1 or 2% of each other.

• Poppa
            Poppa commented
            Editing a comment
            Like YYCannabis some mine lasted about a year and a half, last fall ordered some batteries and replaced ones that were dying and returned them to service.

Maybe I should order some on Amazon. I just chop my Kali China this morning now they are in the "dry room"
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

No batteries required. Accurate for the last five years and counting.

Comment

I think I use the same as those and never had any issues. I only use them for the first couple of weeks of curing then once I’m happy with the buds i take them out.

Comment

I just got a 10 pack from Amazon. Three didn't work and the others tested were way off in both temp and Rh. What brand did you buy and from where?

Comment

I've bought 2x four packs of the mini rectangles that were all spot on. These were ones that had the RH and the temperature numbers that were the same size. I bought a much cheaper per-unit twelve pack that had a much smaller temperature numbers. Two we're broken and ten were so far off as to be unusable.
                Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
                Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
                Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

I just got another 12 pack from another seller. Tested against my inkbird. All were so far they are going back. Please provide product link you purchased. Thanks

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PVLF8LD...roduct_details Hope that helps.
                    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
                    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
                    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X