Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves tips turning brown-grey/colorless

Hi everyone! I am a noobie.

There are some areas of different color on the bottom leaves (mostly) but also some colorless spots on the upper ones also.

Coco coir. general hydrophonics Tripart (grow, micro, bloom) + calmag + root booster. Spyder farmer light SP 1000. 50 centimeters from the light. 24 degrees in the tent during the hottest time of the day. But humidity is 80 % in average because I can't use all the time the extractor.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210420_233042.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	639.4 KB
ID:	509148
    So the damaged leaves below i believe is because i didn't give enough food so it is sure not a burn. I was giving water + cal mag for 1,5 weeks and that's all.. Then I was giving for 1,5 weeks only 1/3 of the dose written on the bottle.
    Next I started giving normally but in the morning there were the drops of water on leaves because of high humidity. And looks like these condensate left some burns? Or it is some kind of excess/deficiency.
    And finally there are some single spots with tips that are colorless.
    To me the plant also started to seem a bit dark green after I gave the nutrients according to the plan on the bottle. But I gave nutrients two times in a row without plain water in between two watering.

Please tell me if it is overfeeding or something else.
    Attached Files

Use the GH trio guide here https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...ule-custom.jpg

Make sure you water with up to 20% run off and don't let the pots sit in any left over drainage water.

Make sure you always mix nutrients in water. The guide is per gallon. Also make sure you properly test the PH of the nutrient water (and plain water) AFTER you mix in the nutrients...GH Micro always goes in first...

And finally, you have to get that humidity down to 60% or less or the plants will suffocate.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Hi pal, thanks for encouraging. I was just hoping to receive some opinion on what is the plant trying to say judging by these copper/brown/light spots in order to get experience of understanding the situation.

Comment

When you water what's the pH? Be sure to mix it up, 6.0 one day, 6.2 the next, then 6.0 then 6.3 , no order to that, just mix it up and don't go over 6.5

Comment

Looks to me like early signs of potassium (K) deficiency, but it's not always as simple as saying there's not enough potassium. Have you checked the pH of your substrate? If it's too acidic, the plant might not be able to absorb enough potassium.
          Either way, since you've upped the dosage 3-fold (which isn't exactly recommended, unless you were getting all kinds of deficiencies), I'd wait a few days to see if the problem persists. Remember, the discolored and dried portions of these leaves won't return to normal, but it shouldn't spread.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X