Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear Concentrate Cannabutter (Ghee, actually)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear Concentrate Cannabutter (Ghee, actually)

I decided to make a concentrate with the buds left from my previous grow;
    • I had 21.3gm of Em Dog, Dosidos, Hulk, Royal Gorilla and a pinch of Kosher Kush.
    • I decarbed it for around 30 min in my Ardent Lift; left it out overnight to breathe out any leftover moisture (cool environment).
    • I jarred it and put it in the freezer, and put the Everclear in the freezer as well.
    • I poured them both into pastic bag and kinda swagged it around for a couple of minutes. The point is to be cold, fast and avoid leaf matter in tincture.
    • Click image for larger version

Name:	step 2 concentr.JPG
Views:	345
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	509047 It came out nice and yellow!! I put the bud back in a jar with some more EC to make a nice green dragon tincture.

Name:	step 3 concntrt.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	509048 It took around 4 hours for the everclear to recycle; Click image for larger version

Name:	step 4 concntrt.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	509049 At the end , you watch it bubble till all the alcohol is gone.

Name:	step 5 clear concntr cannabutter.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	509050 Then I scraped it into warm melted butter (not hot): I'm a firm believer in exposing the cannabinoids and terpenes to as little heat as possible.

Name:	extractor.JPG
Views:	345
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	509052 I really dig this machine a lot.
    Attached Files
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

I have a Source Turbo also. They’re on sale now, I’d like the pro model because the outdoor grow here was 3 kg last year and it would take forever to process that in the regular model.

This is a must have device.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	43E3FDA3-96E6-4A75-BC2D-44128FEEF92B.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	509081
      Nice cannabudder! This is what I use. It is a countertop distiller meant for water but has temperature control and can be used for anything. Not quite as specialized as the source machine but seems to do the job just fine, and at a quarter the price.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I've read about those machines, and I'm glad to see the prices come down on all this new-fangled cannabis technology. The prices on some stuff is outrageous.

I'd like to see how you use your machine!!

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        alltatup No problem, I’ll take a few photos the next time I get it out and show you how I use it. Basically it is just a compact still with temp control. Tell it what temp you want it to stay at and when the temp rises it shuts off (basically when all the alcohol is gone). It uses suction and some cooling to collect the alcohol and then spits it out the spout. What is left inside afterwards is the oil. It comes with some charcoal sachets that you are meant to filter in the spout but I don’t bother with them. I use it outside as you can see but the distiller is a sealed system so there is no way for alcohol vapour to get out and cause problems except at the spout. I still have to perfect it so I can get oil as nice looking as yours but I have high hopes it will be better the next time I use it because I will be using much stronger alcohol. If anyone doesn’t have access to strong alcohol for the qwet/RSO making process they can make their own from weaker stuff using the still, so it has that benefit as well. I think I got it for about 170CAD but pretty sure the price went up to 200CAD. Things are always a little more expensive here so Americans can probably get it a bit cheaper even before considering the better exchange rates hey have.

I really dig canna-ghee. Better stability. Easy to spread at room temp. Use it the same way i would use butter for any recipe. Love it. 👍
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        also, the smoke point of ghee is at a higher temperature than butter. It takes much much longer for ghee to go bad than butter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	canna fudge.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	509597
      Canna fudge. Looks a little funky but tastes good with a slight hint of concentrate. I will try a piece after I'm done teaching today. I had 21gm of 15-20% THC bud, so that's approx. 3.5gm or 3,500mg of THC. There are 36 pieces of fudge, which equals around 100mg per piece. Hmmmmm I may have to quarter each piece... I will try a quarter piece and let you know tomorrow.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        You Canadians and your wonderful expressions!!!!!

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Take off eh, you hosehead

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        "we're not worthy we're not worthy"

I loved my source turbo so much I had to get the etoh pro. Making my own dabs is amazing. I had so much trim last year turbo couldn't keep up lmao.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool gadget but holy expensive. Would love to play with it but given I grow for just myself it is hard to justify... not that I won’t try 🙂

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        Old Timey advice from Granpa: "the larger one can do the job of the smaller one, but not the other ways around". That's what somebody said in considering regular or pro model? If you have just one kg from an outdoor grow, that will take a helluva lot longer to process in the Source Turbo. Let's say you want to get into some other stuff like making peppermint oil. If you have a half kg of that, that will also take forever. I'm using this device to make orange oil and other oils so my decision to buy the Source was misguided.

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        That makes perfect sense!

Recipe for the CONCENTRATE FUDGE

1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
      1/3 cup Erythritol OR SUGAR
      2 tbsp Butter
      1 tsp Vanilla Extract
      1 cup Low Carb Chocolate Chips OR REGULAR CHOC CHIPS
      walnuts
      Instructions
      1. In a medium pan over medium heat, mix together the Heavy Whipping Cream, Erythritol, Butter, and Vanilla Extract, stirring often for about 15 minutes until a slightly browned, thick sweetened condensed milk forms
      2. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes before stirring in chocolate chips and walnutes.
      3. Once chocolate chips are melted, pour mixture into a parchment lined pan. Cool in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        alltatup you're adding a quantity of concentrate in that cream+sugar+butter+vanilla (in the medium pan) - do you use a wooden spoon when you mix these? Just as fyi when I mix an oil into butter I use an immersion blender

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        here's what I do just as info: I have a stick of butter, I pour the oil on top of it. The viscosity of the oil lets it remain on top of the butter, then slowly melt the butter. Usually I have a lot of butter and a lot of concentrate, which requires a lot of mixing. Thus the use of immersion blender. EDIT: it's not butter, it's ghee. Butter is melted in a pan and the milk solids are scraped off. The liquid butter is poured into a silicon mold and set to solid, for a conventional bar of ghee butter to store in the fridge.

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks great! I assume you just add your concentrate with the chocolate and walnuts to reduce the time it is in the heat? I would probably try a mix of cannabudder and extract to start, only because I have more butter and I am still perfecting my RSO making skills.

Thanks!

DeadlyFruit I made the concentrate, then I took my ghee and zapped it in microwave for 30 seconds so I could blend in the concentrate, which I stirred into the ghee with no problem. Then I added the ghee to the recipe as directed above.

The fudge is great, just have to eat a little more to get a very nice buzz. It's not quite as strong per piece as I thought, but hey: nobody's complaining about having to eat a couple of pieces of fudge.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        OK now i will eat a piece LOL i did'nt want the room to spin. alltatup have you tried it on a empty tummy? I know on the 1:1 THC CBD chews ( like a starburst ) if i eat one wait 30min then eat a meal i feel the calming effect more. I got low tolorance though.

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        The fudge sounds delicious, and if I have to eat two pieces instead of one I consider that a win! 🙂

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal The concentrate fudge definitely works best for me on an empty stomach. Two large pieces is just right for me. Did you read the private message I sent you a couple weeks ago??????

alltatup Do you have a personal reason for using a Ziploc instead of jars when doing a QWET? Your fudge recipe sounds easy & good. Last weekend I wanted medibles but didn't have the energy to start from scratch. I had store-bought organic ghee, had a jar of material in the freezer that was very-quick washed using sub-zero February outdoor conditions for EC and decarb storage. So the material had been decarbed already. I used an Insta-Pot recipe to make the cannaghee in jars. It looks good but tastes awful, not rancid ghee, not the normal taste of weed which doesn't bother me. Either the EC, though I left the weed out to dry out, or the method. Hopefully the fudge will hide the taste but I might have to eat a lot, not sure how strong my cannaghee is yet. Trying to think of any concentrate I can scrape up to add to it. I want a ST soo bad.Thnx!
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Puglover1 I use the ziplock bag because you can snip a little tip off and drain the liquid more easily. I hate to use plastic bags, but this method works best for me.

The ST is a great machine which is absurdly over-priced. I was just looking at their website, and they are charging ridiculous prices for things like a Buchner beacon for filtering, which you can get way cheaper on Amazon. Of course, it is a long-lasting toy so folks won't be replacing it every few years, but that doesn't justify the $600 price. I got mine on Ebay for a $500 offer.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X