What would you do here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do here?

I lowered the lights but not the bar/rod, it'll be needed up high for the next grow. I have these three pots/two plants so far on 24/0 veg, the lights are far away. Should I build the pots up higher with pieces of wood?
    Struggling with RH, dang weather change, furnace running again. I have 3 basins with water in them, one wet towel hanging, so far. Fans blowing past the lights, there's a broken bathroom fan in the closet ceiling but heat can still go through the vents into the attic above.

On a side note: 3 dud Gelato OG auto seeds, one dud Northern Lights auto so far, one left to drop when I get up later this morning. I have no auto seeds left. If the last NL seed doesn't germ I could try starting my wild thai photo to see if those seeds are OK, veg it with the autos then plant it outside. I bought 10 of those seeds, not worried about 'wasting' one of them. Happy 420 I really can't afford to buy more seeds ATM, if Seedsman makes it right the plants will be too far behind the others. FML
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

I think some pulley hangers would help.
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, the lights have pulleys but my body can't do it. My first grow was affected by lack of assistance so I'm trying to prevent what I know can go wrong. TY!

Heck i don't see nothing wrong with what you did Puglover1 in your situation it works. I don't use the pullys just raise up my pots higher like you. I sure hope seedsman makes it right i'm sure they will but hell now that's it's 420 who knows how long all these seed orders will arrive could be next Oct. LOL hope not for all you seed buyers. I think the setup looks fine as long as it's all sturdy
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You are doing fine !!
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay! Thank you Farmbuck. My last NL seed's tail poked and the seed's side was cracked so I dropped her into the middle pot hoping 420 day brings me luck.

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Hihihi Puglover1 I got some NL autos I grew, she is a good yielder and a very potent girl too loll Wife will take a few hits and she's gone for a few hours lolll

Happy growing !!

That looks great! Too bad about the dud seeds though. I am using a milk crate as well, for one runty plant I have that refused to grow taller than a foot or two. I may pick up a couple more as they are really convenient for raising a single pot. The water seeps through it down to the tray rather than getting stuck in it and it is plastic so it won’t start rotting like wood.

For the record, I have a few of those hangers and they are really useful. They can’t be very expensive given they came with a couple other things I ordered.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey DeadlyFruit, The lights have pulleys but I think of Little Feat's Old Folks Boogie "When your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" so I'm doing what I know I can accomplish. The crates - I have two more in the garage, they were freebies years ago but dang cleaning every one of those openings is a drag. The two left are the dirtiest.

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Cleaning my crate was a pain. I ended up just spraying alcohol with a little spray bottle and rinsing them really well.

Totally get the body limitations. I am relatively young but my knees are 30 years older than the rest of me it seems and I have had spinal surgery so my back is problematic. I would say once the hangers are up and your lights hung on them they might be easier for you to manage even than moving around and stacking crates. They are very light and small, and when you want to adjust the height just pull down the rope on one side while feeding it up on the other. If you’ve ever gone rock climbing it is a bit like belaying. I count the clicks so I can keep it level. Whatever works best for you of course but I just wanted to let you know that they might make it easier for you instead of harder. 🙂

Crossing my fingers for that NL auto gets her groove on for ya Puglover1

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

SoOrbudgal It's sturdy with the pots on it. Only thing that's not flat/level is the overlapping wire shelves, I might zip tie them together later. The last NL seed had a little tail showing and side seed cracks so I dropped her in the middle pot today, seemed appropriate. Yeah, I can't do the pulleys so I improvise also. So if I get lucky I'll have 2 NLs and one S Lemon while I planned to grow 3 Gelato OGs. I bought 10 wild thai seeds hopefully they'll do better for another fall/winter grow. I will email Seedsman maybe tmrw, they're kind of busy today. It's cool watching these autos grow daily. Now to fix the RH situation. The blackout shower curtain for 12/12 kept humidity in better but I like more 'fresh' air to be able to get in the closet than just through the light cracks in the doors. Keep cat out of the room and leave doors open: RH goes down. I have a small humidifier but the attached bath has a pedestal sink with a short faucet - a man planned that - so I can't fill anything very big with water. I got tired of carrying water from one end of the house to the other (late 70's ranch house) to water my first plants so I can't imagine filling the humidifier a few times daily that way. And I am sometimes gone most of the day to appts in Chicago. I guess I'll have to perfect a towel wicking thing in there. I'm wetting two towels, hanging to drip into basins right now.

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have a pail with a rotating handle you can set the handle straight up and clip a small towel to it. The towel hangs down into the water and constantly wicks the water up. I think natural fibers (cotton) is better than synthetic fibers for this. If you put a small fan to blow across it, you should have good results.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well so far them little ones look great. Hang on in 3min it will be 420 on my comp. clock LOL oops 418 now. Nice fatty oooh 419...........well i sure don't look forward to going into the big city. Here ya go Puglover1 goodluck

Damnit thought i timed it right

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal

I finished smoking The Soap pre roll today at 4:20 pm. When I went to bed at 4:20 am. I smoked my fatty, saved Cake Mints and Soap for today. The Soap made me stupid, I've gotten my exercise in just going into a room 3 times, coming back with food instead of what I went in there for but the head/psychoactive part could be better for me, esp considering the % and reviews. This day flew by. It's kind of late but I would like to go heat up my tiny jars with melted extracts, or some carts with oil in them, and get knocked out tonight. Dreary, rain, snow and something I can't name except 'perlite-like'. It was loud hitting my deck, like hail, in the air it looked like big snowflakes, when I touched it it didn't melt, it disappeared. On the deck floor it literally looked like small perlite pieces. My loud mouth Velcro pug kept barking at me, finally he showed me that he wanted inside, away from it. Very odd for him.

YYCannabis I have a new ~2 gallon cleaning bucket with a handle. Would a handle like that stay up or do you think 2 plant yoyos would hold it straight up? I have bar-rag type rippled cotton kitchen-size towels. I have a lot of cotton kitchen towels of different thicknesses. What height placement is better - bucket on the floor or up higher for the humidity? Hot air rises, does moist, heavier air stay lower? I smoked a new pre roll and it made me stupid. Honestly. Thank you!

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn’t think height matters if you have enough air flow in the space 😉

YYCannabis It isn't working well. Two towels into basins of water, fans on both, then later fan on one, other fan blowing under the lights for more circulation. I need to buy an oscillating fan, not sure but wall mount seems better in a regular closet, don't have bars everywhere to clip. Soon the furnace won't run, lower it last night today the house was warmer, sunny but dry. I'm waiting for a humid rainy day to open my jars, even with oz size Bovedas the RH is at 58-59% max and they only have ~24 grams of bud in them. I think I need to water the pots tmrw afternoon, sprayed the dry top soil, the two are growing daily. Still hoping for the third to emerge, the Aero-Garden starts rooted and transplanted fine but I'm out of auto seeds, too many duds. Leaves crossed for luck

Comment

It may work better to use the ratchet cords where the ratchet assembly is mounted/connected at the ceiling or top of tent, then instead of lifting to raise lights you would be pulling down on the cord to raise lights. In theory it may take less physical strength than lifting pots or pulling up on cords to raise lights. I'll try to do a test of this theory today while puttering around will only be able to advise on cord. No way I am going to try to raise any of my totes to early in the year to want to screw up my back. While typing it came to me I have zero knowledge on strength of rods lights are mounted to in a tent pulling down on them may be disastrous.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
            DeadlyFruit commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point. I built a grow room in my garage with some decent gauge ceiling hooks screwed into the joists rather than a tent. I can do chin-ups from mine if I wanted but I assume some care is needed if using tent poles. With that said, you would think the tent makers build their tents with the understanding that the central roof poles will be load bearing to some extent. The lights have to go somewhere and the pulleys are a very common setup.

• Poppa
            Poppa commented
            Editing a comment
            Tried it with the ratchet hooked to eye bolt it almost seemed to take more effort to pull down as opposed to lifting on the rope.

• DeadlyFruit
            DeadlyFruit commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed, it is a good hard tug if you just pull the cord. I do what I think you do, which to lift up on the rope and hold the weight of the light while feeding the loose cord into the ratchet and pulling out the slack on the other side. Pretty much like belaying a climber. That way it is never loaded heavier than the weight of the light.

Hi I was gone all day, on the way home the driver shared a blunt so I got home stupid and took an unplanned nap. I am growing in a closet not tent. The lights hook onto a heavy duty adjustable shower curtain rod. I haven't taken a stud finder to the ceiling to see where hooks would sit. It would have to be one rope per light for me to adjust them. Thanks!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X