Runoff ph and re-using a fabric pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runoff ph and re-using a fabric pot

Hello everybody. Had a question about testing ph runoff. I'm growing a Mephisto CDLCxSkywalker in a previously used fabric pot with fox farm ocean forest and fox farm trio of nutes. My ph runoff the last few feedings has been about 1.0 lower than what I put in. This is my first indoor grow that I've tested runoff on and I'm not sure if it's normal or not. The pot was used last season for an autoflower I grew indoors also with the same set up. Stuff I've read on testing runoff doesn't mention if a used container could cause skewed numbers. Didn't know if anybody had some insight. Thanks for reading and happy growing.

DID YOU WASH THEM!? DID YOU SANITIZE THE SPACE??!! ............I'm sorry for shouting really and I apologize if I err! Temp vacant tents can be a breeding site for many nasties, pots too especially! All breeding sites for nothing you want!

!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      A 1% diff in runoff from input is not bad at all. I understand that input for soil should be 6.0 to 6.9. None the less you have a lady to be proud of so flaunt her all you want, we love it!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X