Dimmer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer question

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a beautiful day. I am looking at replacing my older blurple Mars Hydro 600w with the new Mars Hydro TSL 2000 (my tent is 2x4x6). I know it is a significant upgrade already, but wonder about the dimmer switch. If it is turned all the way up, is it producing the same intensity as it would normally, as if it didn't have a dimmer? Or is that "normal" light intensity produced when it is at the lowest setting? Or is it somewhere in the middle? Trying to learn if I care that it has a dimmer switch at all. Thank you everyone for any advice. Thank you Nebula and Sirius just for being you.

Sandra

Hi Sandra, not a bad day at all in the great white North.

I don’t own an LED, I am an HPS user, but if by dimmer you mean something similar to how I turn up/down the strength of my light on my digital ballast I think you could see some value from it but it isn’t essential. I turn my lights up or down for a variety of reasons but for the most part you could probably manage that by raising/lowering the light itself. I think the strong LEDs need to be further from the canopy than many other lights so one use case for the dimmer is if your plants get away from you and stretch too close to the light that is already as high as it will go. You can either supercrop (not always recommended during flower) or turn down your light strength to avoid burning your prime colas.

In short, if it isn’t too expensive then it can be useful but not essential.

good luck!

Comment

I have a Ts1000 and at the highest setting is normal light intensity I dont use the dimmer I dont see the need I adjust the height of the light when needed I feel the dimmer option is more of a sales gimmick...But hey I am just an old fart what do I know..LoL
      Go ahead sing to your plants there not going to think your a nutjob

Grow in soil-fox farm ocean forest-happy frog
      Indoor Grow with 5gl cloth pots
      31/2x31/2 Home made grow box
      1-Mars hydro ts1000 and 1-ts600
      Humboldts nutrients + Blackstrap molasses
      secret base a & b
      cal mag
      golden tree
      flower stacker

Comment

Thanks for your input. That all certainly makes sense. I'm going for it, really just tired of the blurple lights. Have a great grow!

Sandra

Comment

I have two dimmable viparspectra and I never use it. Lazy I guess lolll
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I only dim mine down when working inside the tent. Otherwise it's 100% during flowering
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              Smart gal!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X