Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Should Overwatered Leaves 'Bounce Back'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Should Overwatered Leaves 'Bounce Back'?

Hi Folks- inexperienced grower here (who's read way more than he's actually done, but anyway)- these are almost 3 weeks old... a few days ago they started cupping (tacoing) downward and I figured I'd been watering too often (about every 5 days, into Promix HP) or maybe too deeply at a time..

So I've been patient, backing off on the water a bit, BUT this plant has been 6 days without water now and it still looks like this?
    Shouldn't it 'go back' to flat leaves, or do they stay that way, and I just wait for more leaves to come in normally?

*hasn't been given any nutes yet
    *temp between 68F and 75F, RH between 40 and 60%
    *18/6 light with a 1000 W equivalent LED about 26" above

Help? Thx!

Hard to tell from the pic but that pot looks small for a 3wk old plant. Move it into something bigger, preferably a cloth pot so those roots can breathe

Comment

bboy- thanks, and yes, the plant itself is actually pretty small- I've heard it will stay small when overwatered since the roots aren't able to do their thing. I thought about moving to a bigger pot but it's probably still got a while to go before the roots grow big enough.

Comment

I'd repot anyway. It looks like the current one holds not much more than a coffee mug.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

sometimes a plant never recovers from droopy leaves. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen here though. The size of pot is okay I think because the leaves are nowhere near the edges of the planter. But here's one thing about overwatered soil - it can stay damp way way too long and I've found that repotting the plant into new soil, that's a bit dryer, really helps. The plant hates that soil now and I'd repot it. I don't think it's the size of the pot the plant hates; it hates that wet soil and wants out.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X