Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody wanna see what my pots were like inside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody wanna see what my pots were like inside?

Today I emptied the pots/carcasses that were sitting in the closet for ~ 3 months. I wish I was seeing giant rounds of hash but it's three inches of root-covered perlite on the bottoms. When I removed the top perlite there was still-damp soil underneath. One stalk broke right off, one I pulled a little, the 3rd one was the hardest to remove, it still has the starter cage on it.

Seeds. I'm on my last of 3 purchased gelato auto seeds, two empties so far. The freebie seeds grew, waiting to germinate the purchased Wild Thai photo seeds though I maybe should see if one will pop, if successful plant it outside in the soon-to-be moved compost bin area. Soaking the Gelato seed now, might as well soak another auto seed or two for the closet, way things are going. Fabric pots arrived today, mixing soil medium tmrw. Closet is vacuumed, bottom carpet-cover is washed, need to get out the crates and wire shelving, clean 'em, get the pots under the lights. And hope for seeds to pop.

Do I need to wash the fabric pots first?? Click image for larger version

Name:	20210415_145000.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	607.5 KB
ID:	507996
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Amazing! Good job on getting flipped over and cleaned up. You don't need to wash the new pot but I always run calmag water Through the coco mix in the pot before I plant.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I don't wash new bags only very well used older ones. Are you saying you got empty purchased seeds from a online source that are duds? Well crap that's awful, you write them and tell em i know you don't have alot of resorces they hopefully will make it right.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal Seedsman. I plan to email them. They've emailed me to see how things went but I hadn't tried their seeds yet, they arrived in January. Oh DeJoy. I just rec'd a pkg today from Ohio to IL: 13 days.

I washed my pots but not sure that was necessary. To be honest, one of the reasons I am thinking of switching to DWC is so I don’t have to worry about managing the coco supply and when/how to dispose of it.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I toss mine into my flower/veggie beds. But i also flush my soil/coco coir with water final drink so i can reuse and replenish it next grow i add more of my soil i have mixed in large tub add that to the old. Then i will toss it in the beds.

Well, I got this far but not far enough. More water is dechlorinating, texted the nephew to come move the lights down tomorrow. I have enough soil mixture to fill one more bag, and my last gelato seed is still soaking. I ran out of the organic garden soil, peat moss and am very low on organic perlite. My pH meter needs calibrating so I used the dog's UA test strips again - 7.0. I forgot to use the long shelf I removed in the first grow to put across the blue containers, duh - tomorrow. Also forgot that I have a new reflective 'emergency blanket' in my car's trunk. After I shop I should be able to put 4 autos in there, maybe, if I have any auto seeds left. My dogs are barking, and I don't mean the pugs. Click image for larger version

Name:	Autos1.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	508325
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I flushed out the coco/perlite mix in their pots once all the plant matter was out and left them to dry out until I'm ready to start the next batch of seeds.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X