Growing weed in Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Growing weed in Thailand

This is my plant which was grown from a bag seed. The plant has never received any plant food, it has survived to this point using soil mixed with cow manure and ground water from my borehole. It has never received any vitamins or plant food at all. I have not measured the Ph of the water or the soil, and I don't remember how old it is.

Recently the plant has developed white spots on the leaves. Google says this is powdery mildew but it looks different on my plant than the photos I found online. Is this mildew? Can I treat it by spraying water mixed with baking soda?

Some of the leaves have started to yellow, probably from the lack of vitamins. I can't find any mild liquid plant food here in Thailand. All I can find it lawn feed or industrial looking fertilizer. Is there someway that I can make my own plant food or does anyone know where I can purchase plant food in Thailand?

I also noticed that the buds are now getting covered with seeds. Why is that? Is the plant turning into a hermaphrodite?

Thanks for any help.

Use that cow shit, it is some of the best Mother Nature can provide.
    I think you have bugs, look to the under side of the leaves with a 30x zoom lens (or greater).

Comment

Rwise I agree with, looks like bugs. Also, what is this dark spot in the middle of the bud? Is it just a shadow?

Click image for larger version

Name:	8AA4E25F-1F74-4A65-9506-C09A9140390A.jpeg
Views:	411
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	507869

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        I would like some of your seeds.

I think Amazon ships to Thailand check out bone meal for phosphorus blood meal for nitrogen langbeinite for potassium and azomite for trace nutrients 67 of them these are gardening organic fertilizers and wouldn’t look suspicious on a shipping manifest or something if not you can home make some things like compost to help give more nutrients by mixing food scraps and carbon rich materials potassium can also come from potash hardwood burned till it’s white ash fish can be caught and blended to make a slurry that has a lot of nitrogen and a decent amount of phosphorus I could go on but I’ll stop here 😂

Comment

Don't they like kill you in Thailand for having dope? Damn man....you're devoted.
        Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Floopydoop View Post
          Don't they like kill you in Thailand for having dope? Damn man....you're devoted.
          They have recently decriminalised cannabis. This plant is being grown for medical research purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
            Use that cow shit, it is some of the best Mother Nature can provide.
            I think you have bugs, look to the under side of the leaves with a 30x zoom lens (or greater).
            I don't have a camera with a lens that powerful. The bugs I can wash off but what are those white spots on the leaves? Should I spray it with baking soda?

Comment

Well MadDog99 it sounds like more knowledge growers than I have picked up on assisting you so I will simply welcome you to the forum & as a Thai aficionado I echo the sentiments of PeterMatanzas ..... I want some seeds!!!!

Comment

A home made spray can be made from ISO (rubbing alcohol), just mix it with water anywhere between 1 part ISO and 8 parts water to 50/50. Spray the under side first then the top side and soak 'em good. (with lights out). This only kills adults and will need to be redone every 3 days for at least 3 treatments. The alcohol evaporates fast leaving only the water behind, once dry light 'em up.
                Lens - a magnifying glass with at least 30X magnification, no electronics needed. A Jewelers Loupe is a great tool, and not costly.
                I think many folks here would simply luv to have some of those seed, add me to that list LOL!

Comment

Hi guys. Is she looking ready to cut down yet or what? I know the leaves are turning yellow because I wasn't able to find any plant food.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi MadDog99,

Nice job with the bag seed!! it is surprising how little attention in terms of veg these plants need if the soil or medium is naturally loaded with macro & micro nutes in Thailand as it usually is. Probably way too late but Im 99% sure those are spider mites and that strain you have there is called Squirrel Tail or Hang Kralok. It is a land race from the North East/Laos and a real shame she hermed but all do when they get stressed buy spider-mites which are bad this year, I know, I'm here... You need to either use a pyrethroid spray (chemical insecticide) or diatomaceous earth (organic) at planting stage. They are a real headache on an outdoor grow but you can just do a daily firefight with a hose on one or two plants, spraying then checking the underside of the leaves. When they dont herm there are some amazing phenos that smell meaty or beefy.... yes weird. Anyway nice to see you posted, the horrible lot are definitely not looking for home/personal growers in the countryside/rice fields, its been a sort of open, unspoken understanding in the 20+ years Ive been here. Same rules apply anywhere not 100% legal yet, don't tell or show it anyone especially local to you, ever.

Peace.

BeachBum420

Comment

Mate I would not grow in Thailand. The risks are just too great. The Thai jails are hell, terrible conditions and full of barangs on drug charges. Your plat must have been pollinated naturally to form seeds.

Comment

• beachbum420
                        beachbum420 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In fairness I have to agree that breaking laws is wrong anywhere and I personally avoid it unless it conflicts with ethical or moral viewpoints like withholding natural medicine from those who can benefit at zero cost to another human or animal. In Asia you often find that locally outside cities personal use/growing is simply not looked at as a sin. Indoor growing I would say it is top 5 expanding industries in Thailand with so many home indoor growers now it would simply be pointless to bother chasing with the resources available. All small tent MarsHy light setups for first timers are completely sold out. 100,000 units were imported last 18 months. should be a good marker.

Just my experience that's all.... everyone sees thing from slightly different perspectives.

Peace.

Beachbum420 :-)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X