Are these healthy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Are these healthy?

This is my 4th week this week of my grow. I’ve noticed the little beginning leafs are yellow on some of the plants. Is this due to overwatering? Or do they naturally do this? The new leafs arent yellow so I figured this is normal. Just double checking. Thanks for any help! (yes this is my first grow)

They are called - cotyledons - first green thing that emerges. And yes it's normal for them to wilt and die at this stage - that's really what they do - set the stage for everything that follows.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate the information! Glad to know, I wasn’t sure if they were supposed to yellow

Hi Guest
    Totally normal. Those beginning leaves will wither away and fall off. The plant is done with them now. Your plants are looking real good. Keep up the good work and don't be shy to post anything. I have seen the same question in here before. No bad questions
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate it alot! Im very excited and proud so far with my growth progress, starting out was ruff, but now I’m starting to understand everything better. Definitely not bad for a first timer

If you start seeing lower leaves falling off (yellowing first) other than the cotytedons then the issue is likely too little nitrogen. In this case it appears its just the cotyledon leaves. What are your specs? the plants look quite small for 4 weeks so maybe something in the grow is off.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      They just started their 4 weeks yesterday. During their 2nd week they indured stunned growth for 5 days. So they are just a little behind. I had been giving them nutrients too early in their 2nd week and too much water. Now they are looking alot better and growing rapidly! I give them 6.4 ph water now

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a vivosun grow light, 4x3 tent, basic room humidifier, small vivosun fan, vivosun inline fan with a carbon filter, and a cermamic room heater in the tent to control temp. These are bubblegum strain Hybrid. They are wild seeds I got from a friend who grows. They arent from a certified grower or seed bank. Not too sure if these will be female or male yet.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X