X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time R.O & Remo Nutrient user

Hi everyone,

Thanks for adding me to the forum,

As the title says, this is my first time using Reverse Osmosis water & Remo Nutrients. (Supercharged Kit 7x1L)

A little background first,

I plan on doing an outdoor grow for the summer because I do enjoy the plants getting actual sun, my backyard is south facing and my house is in a small and quiet neighborhood where we all know each other so I'm not worried about them disappearing. (Legal to grow 4 plants in Canada)

I haven't grown many times, every time I have, I've gone cheap and used tap water with department store miracle grow soil and miracle grow fertilizer with not great results.
    This time, I got better stuff to hopefully get better results..

I started 4 girls in "Black Gold Seedling Mix" with 30% added Perlite. 1 Blue Dream, 1 Green Crack, 1 Black Gold & 1 Gorilla Glue x Jack Herer. All are feminized photo period seeds purchased from Montreal Cannabis Seeds
    I put the seeds directly into the soil and misted the soil (about 15 times each) with plain room temp RO water. After 3 days in a propagator, they all came out of the soil.
    2 days after they came out, the soil looked dry and they felt light so I misted the soil about 10 times each, again with just plain RO water.

Today, they are 4 days old and they feel light.

Should I put any MagnifiCal, VeloKelp or Micro at only 4 days old? I've read so many different opinions. Remo site says to wait 2 weeks, some posts on some forums mention adding some right away. I'd like to make sure they have enough nutrients but I don't want to give them too much. I will add pics in the event they may help.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    mustang14282

Great start ' don't fuck it up by adding nutrients at this early stage - cuz you'll just end up starting over.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Welcome and looks good for your seedling setup, i've got the same little t-5 as you. I would boost up that flat of plants higher closer to the light. I put some 4x4 small blocks to raise the distance use what you want. No do not feed yet just water. Those will stretch and need support if they are too far from the light.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I agreed with my grower friends, don't feed them yet.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Awesome!!
          Thanks for all the great responses! I will go prop it up closer to the lights now and will give them just water for now.
          I will post updates soon!
          mustang14282

Comment

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post an update, my girls are now 11 days old.
            They seem to be doing well, growing little by little each day.
            They were brought up closer to the lights
            They have been getting about a cup of plain room temp R.O water every 2-3 days.

So since they will be 2 weeks old in 3 days, should I consider giving them a small amount of nutrients? The Remo nutrients site says to start with 5ml after about 2 weeks of growth. I was considering giving maybe only 2ml of the required nutrients since it would be exactly 2 weeks old.
            Any input would be great!
            Thanks!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X