MOLD in pot soil - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL MOLD in pot soil - help

So I bought a 50 Liters canna Plus Professional Soil 8 months ago, I only have space for one plant, so I used for 2 times the soil and everything was ok.

Last week I germinated a new seed, I had tried different methods to germinate and the fastest way for me is using a jiffy and putting it directly on the pot that I will use forever with the light giving ambience and very far way.

The problem was that my canna soil was with a little bit off white powder and because we are in quarantine in my country It was more difficult to buy new soil.

So i used that soil, tryed to choose only the soil that was without the white powder (mold). After 1 week I noticed that my pot is starting get some mold on the surface.

I think i put too much water combined and it is a 20 Liters (5 gallons ) size pot combined with a very early stage plant.

So I think I have 3 options:

1) Overheat the mother**cker like 82 degrees Fahrenheit, give small amounts of water and pray to the god's of Marijuana?

2) Buy new soil and pot and change the plant very fast? (I know the organism could spread again)

3) Burn everything?

If someone could give me some tips please, what do you think about it?

Like i said I only have space foi one plant, It has to be everything ok from beggining, don't want to risk it and 1 month later I have a serious problems.

Sorry about my english, but i'm Portuguese

Good grows

Everything is ok. I’m sure whatever is in the soil is beneficial for the plant. If you want to make sure you don’t get root rot or any bad fungi then use trichoderma harzanium, it’s cheap and will help the plant it’s entire life. It creates a mycelium that looks weird and white but believe me it’s good

Comment

• antoniobanderas420
      antoniobanderas420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I mix Mycorrhizal fungi with the soil (Mycoplant from trave), I searched trichoderma harzanium and It looks like it Is similiar.

Do you know if it is ok too mix the 2?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s ok to mix in theory and many products contain both. But trichoderma is stronger than any other fungi in soil and works as a parasitic fungi meaning it takes control of other fungi mycelium

You have nothing to worry about because what you are seeing is a strong inoculated soil with mycelium all over. This is like network that works with the roots to help each other. Process food and keep each other alive

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X