Glasses for LED lighting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glasses for LED lighting..

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone has used these glasses at all Cultivator LED+ - Just Hydroponics - Method Seven? What glasses are everyone else using? As I seem to spend a lot of time in my grow tent, I am finding my eyes are straining a lot under the LED lights even when using my good quality sunglasses. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
    3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
    2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
    6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
    4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
    Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
    3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
    Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
    ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

I am also having a hard time with my eyes because of my leds. I am hoping somebody will recommend something. I will stay tuned...

Comment

I don’t know if I can recommend them as awesome glasses because I typically use them as more of a brim of sort as my regular glasses get in the way. With that said my eyes hurt less when I use them. The glasses were pretty cheap and made by Happy Hydro.They came with a lens for LED and a lens for HPS.

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
        newbutoldgrower75 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply buddy. I will check out those glasses once I'm done on here. On my search and research on glasses I have come across these for people using prescription glasses https://www.mydeal.com.au/method-sev...lip-on-4083109, not the cheapest but thought they were a great idea for people who wear prescription glasses. They also come in smaller lenses as well.

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Those clip ones are pretty cool! I would totally use those.

I wish I could help you mate but I'm using regular sunglasses.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m not an expert but you’d have to think regular sunglasses would do the trick. The only added thing I can think of is that the glasses I bought colour correct for the light so it looks a bit more normal. If you take a pic through the lens it looks better, although dimmer also. I bought them because they were cheap more than anything but it would be interesting if anybody else knew more about wavelengths and such and could comment on using regular sunglasses.

• newbutoldgrower75
        newbutoldgrower75 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks mate. Have been using my normal sunglasses but I don't think they are doing the job. Been spending a bit of time in the grow room lately, and when I looked in the mirror two days ago my eyes were very bloodshot. So thinking it might be a good idea to invest in some proper glasses for the grow room.

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Oops, that is a definite sign the regular sunnies might not be doing the trick 🙂. It’s better to protect our vision (I say as I return from getting a stronger prescription lens).

I have a pair of Method Seven clip on LED glasses and seem to work fine.

Comment

Methods Seven's and a wide brim hat. Better yet, grow lights off to do your work. It's your eyesight for crying out loud.

Comment

I don't use any. I guess either I'm already too blind (I wear prescription lenses) or my eyes aren't that sensitive...I used to use the crappy sunglasses they sent with the light but they just got in the way after a time.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Another good idea is to simply dim the led to its lowest setting. That’s what I do, besides wearing glasses and a full face shield that protects against uv. That and I wear my fishing hat so I don’t get any light sneaking in thru the sides or top. May seem excessive but I love my vision, and I’m only getting older so I have to take care as much as possible. If not my eyes burn literally feels like trash fell into my eyes and dry so I said hell nah I’m doing extras to protect my eyes. Or raise the light all the way up and don’t look up lol..

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help and advice. I have been using my normal sunglasses and a cap, but still been getting quite sore eyes from straining. After reading everyone's comments, I will be getting a wide rim hat and proper Grow glasses. As I plan on growing for as long as I physically can, mostly depending on my health in the future, I really want to look after my eye's etc. I'm having a little trouble working out what glasses would best suit my lights, Electric Sky 300's, any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I think the first link are the right ones but not sure..bloody medication is killing my concentration big time. Grow - Grow Eyewear - Full Spectrum LED - Method Seven or LED Grow Room Glasses (methodseven.com). Thanks for your time once again. Cheers.
              3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
              2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
              6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
              4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
              Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
              3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
              Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
              ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X