Yellow speckle on leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Yellow speckle on leaves

Watered last night with distilled water mixed with pH down around the seedlings and just checked today, the plants have some slight yellow speckles on now and one baby leaf that is growing through looks slightly damaged.

**Edit, I watered slightly too close to seedlings and got water on their leaves, so perhaps light burn as my light was on 50% dimm and at 18" from soil since turned down to 25% and 25% inches above soil per manufactures advice**

Any tips muchly appreciated thank you!

**I also have a grow journal as such in another post i have called "so it begins", feel free to tag along and enjoy the ride**

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210410_140216.jpg Views:	0 Size:	868.2 KB ID:	506124Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210410_140208.jpg Views:	0 Size:	573.9 KB ID:	506123Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210410_140221.jpg Views:	0 Size:	580.4 KB ID:	506125
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Freeman420; 04-12-2021, 03:23 AM.
    Current Grow:
    Mars Hydro 2x2x4 tent
    Mars Hydro Ts1000 LED light
    Two 5 gallon fabric pots planted with Northern Lights XXL autos from 00 seeds
    Growing medium is Bio Bizz soil premixed with perlite
    First ever grow

Did you put PH down directly on the soil? The way you wrote it sounds like you did. I have never heard of that and wouldn't do that if you did. If not, sorry for the misapprehension. I would not get a PH tester. I had nothing but trouble with mine and the good ones are expensive. Get a kit with PH up and down fluid and testing fluid (General Hydroponics) which it sounds like you might already have and then double check with PH testing strips. Also use reverse Osmosis water to avoid mineral buildup in the soil. Those are big pots for seedlings so only water a small area around them until they get bigger. Good luck

Comment

• Freeman420
      Freeman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry must have worded wrong, I put a splash of pH down and mixed with distilled water and dispensed from a watering can before use An d yeah have seen that recommend on here before but I cannot find it in the UK unfortunately. But thanks for the advice hairyman! Cheers

You need very good color vision to use those ph strips. I disagree with the above advice suggesting you not get a ph meter. They are about $11 on Amazon and work very well when kept clean and calibrated. . I keep 3, but that's me being ocd. I always put water in a solo cup and add ph up/down in there before pouring into nutrient water. You can't just guess how much ph down to use, that's suicide for the girls, or murder, I should say. You need to know your waters ph if you want to grow good bud. You should think about getting a tds meter also and check your tap water. Mine is 450+ ppm so I use ro water. I agree with Hairyman that those pots are way too big for seedlings. Mine would still be in their solo cups at that stage. I don't know what those spots are but they look healthy otherwise, good luck.

Comment

• Freeman420
      Freeman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I have an amazon one already and tested the water after pH down so all was in a good tolerance before watering (just didn't know if I can trust the amazon ones after reading a few bad reviews)
      And they are autos in a 5 gallon fabric pot, i did want 3 gall but they came with the tent kit so using for first grow Thanks for the reply and cheers

Distilled water is already acidic (and does not test in its pure state, nothing in it to test with), do you really need to go lower with it? Splashes may explain those spots, but so can PH fluctuations.

Comment

Originally posted by hairyman View Post
      Did you put PH down directly on the soil? The way you wrote it sounds like you did. I have never heard of that and wouldn't do that if you did. If not, sorry for the misapprehension. I would not get a PH tester. I had nothing but trouble with mine and the good ones are expensive. Get a kit with PH up and down fluid and testing fluid (General Hydroponics) which it sounds like you might already have and then double check with PH testing strips. Also use reverse Osmosis water to avoid mineral buildup in the soil. Those are big pots for seedlings so only water a small area around them until they get bigger. Good luck
      Yes, I agree with you. If you put PH down directly on the soil you may be face this kind of problem. You should consult a professional as soon as possible otherwise you may be fall in trouble.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X