Possible bud rot mold need opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible bud rot mold need opinions

So I’ve been drying my weed for close to 9 days I thought it might be ready to cure so I took a branch down the little branches break easy but there’s still some fibers clinging on so I’ll wait a couple more days to jar the rest the problem is what I found when dismantling the cola these splotches of tan now they weren’t on the outside but on the inside of the cola and I’ve looked at them closely I know the pics aren’t great it’s something that doesn’t photograph well but the coloring is tan sandy color not brown or white and under a magnifying glass it looks like the discoloration is under the trichs the bud itself I’m hoping these are just dead spots or something not mold I had multiple issues including minor nute burn and ph issues what do you guys think is this something I need to worry about
    Attached Files

difficult to see, but that does look like mold in the second photo location at 2pm

Comment

• TheKieftan
      TheKieftan commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha that’s just a massive clump of pistils

Hard to say from your picture. But how does it smell ? A foul smelling, stinking ??
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Farmbuck There’s no bad smell it’s a very good smelling weed here’s a better picture it’s like some of the calyx never turned green or something maybe nute burn in the bud
      Attached Files

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok I see some white spots not sure if it's mold but we need more grower to look at it. If it would be me I would remove the white part, just saying.!

From what i see, it’s just a patch that never received enough light for the chlorophyll to turn green.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• TheKieftan
        TheKieftan commented
        Editing a comment
        This was one of my theories too because as I said the white/ tan was only on the inside of the cola on the side that was deepest in the cola (this is what had me fearing mould because it was in the part of the cola furthest from oxygen but also furthest from light) I’m gonna go off the assumption this is correct for now because besides color everything seems perfect thanks

Doesn’t look like mould to me. I would smoke that bud
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I don't see any issues from the buds. Unless you had excessive moisture issues in the grow or you saw caterpillars on the plant I doubt it's mold or bud rot. Also, if you leave moldy buds in a curing jar with a sealed lid, within months the weed will definitely smell off or even ammonia like.

If you didn't see it during the actual grow then I think you are okay. Bud rot is usually wet and smelly as well as darker brown.

If you have the time, look for some more, break them in half and post the pictures.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X