Can I slow down one of my autos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I slow down one of my autos?

Hey guys. I have two OG Kush auto seedlings from Nirvana in my latest grow. Thing is, the one on the left is about 5 days younger than the one on the right, because the original left seedling was all curved so I had to ditch it and start a new one a little late in the game.

I have to dry in the same tent where I’m growing, so I don’t think I can harvest them at different times. I’m afraid that they won’t be ready to harvest together because of their age difference, one of them will be either too mature or not mature enough compared to the other.

Is there something I can do to slow the older one down, to be ready to harvest later? If I top it and don’t top the younger one, will that slow down its final flowering schedule? Any other ideas about how to encourage them to be harvest-ready at the same time? Thanks in advance!

Full grow details:
    2 x OG Kush autoflower from Nirvana
    Nature’s Living Soil autoflower mixed with FFOF
    Plain filtered water, pH about 6.0 (trying to get it closer to 6.5)
    Indoors in 4x4 tent with good ventilation and air flow
    Black Dog LED PhytoMAX-2 600 light, 615 watts from wall
    Temps lower-mid 70s, RH between 40% and 50%

The life of autos.
    you can’t predict when you can harvest an auto, from their start of life.
    And from my experience I wouldn’t “slow them down” on purpose because it will hurt your yield in the end.
    As soon the seed sprouts the time is ticking on the auto.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Autos are gunna do what they wanna do on their own timeline. I don’t think 5 days is a major difference in timing for harvesting, but i guess that only depends on how specific you want the trichs to be at harvest. Ive always felt that the trimming i do during veg and flower adds time to autos (compared to the breeders timeline). Maybe defoliating the older plant an extra time or two might slow it a wee bit.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Thanks, guys. Guess I never thought about that when planning my first auto grow. In the future if I do autos, I’ll probably start a couple backup seedlings at the same time to keep them all on the same clock. Live and learn, I guess. I suppose having one plant harvested a day or two too early and the other a day or two too late won’t be that big of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rik View Post
          Hey guys. I have two OG Kush auto seedlings from Nirvana in my latest grow. Thing is, the one on the left is about 5 days younger than the one on the right, because the original left seedling was all curved so I had to ditch it and start a new one a little late in the game.

I have to dry in the same tent where I’m growing, so I don’t think I can harvest them at different times. I’m afraid that they won’t be ready to harvest together because of their age difference, one of them will be either too mature or not mature enough compared to the other.

Is there something I can do to slow the older one down, to be ready to harvest later? If I top it and don’t top the younger one, will that slow down its final flowering schedule? Any other ideas about how to encourage them to be harvest-ready at the same time? Thanks in advance!

Full grow details:
          2 x OG Kush autoflower from Nirvana
          Nature’s Living Soil autoflower mixed with FFOF
          Plain filtered water, pH about 6.0 (trying to get it closer to 6.5)
          Indoors in 4x4 tent with good ventilation and air flow
          Black Dog LED PhytoMAX-2 600 light, 615 watts from wall
          Temps lower-mid 70s, RH between 40% and 50%
          Hey fellow grower can you make a dry box out of a cardboard box. Then let the smaller keep growing.
          1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
          1 sf2000 @200 watts
          2 philzon @230 watts
          2x4x5 tent
          3x6x8 closet
          Fox Farm ocean forest
          Black gold for seedling
          3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
          RH 40-60
          Temp 70-80
          Feeding with FF trio with molasses
          calmag and a little flower fuel
          Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

• Rik
            Rik commented
            Editing a comment
            Great idea, LemonBud!

5 days won't make a huge difference. Just harvest both when the younger one is ready...Just keep your eye on the youngest near the end. Remember the times seedbanks give for harvest should always be considered only under ideal conditions so if you are a new grower add a couple of weeks to the grow time.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Rik
            Rik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, I’m only on my second grow so I still don’t have a great feel for when to harvest. I was under the impression that 5 days could make a significant difference and could make me wind up with a batch of “sleep medicine” as Nebula puts it in her harvest window guide haha

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X