Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    Mother Earth coir with 30% perlite premix, loose was the medium I sprouted in.After a 30 hour soak in distilled water then dropped in a pencil hole and buried under fine crushed perlite and into light 18/6, kept moist, pH 6.2 (mistake). The sprout had cotyledons at 24 hrs with pinpoint first leaf. Good until at 8 days when they got a fever and a tummy ache. Random yellowing leaf edge and brown blotches with claw. Now I'm in defcon 1 mode so I asked my friend NebulaHaze Plant Doctor and she said pH. So I go check it and yep 6.2 as reported. Doc said read the tutorials on pH. Guess what, I can adjust down to 5.5 pH at times. Did it. Two days later they've doubled in size and some leaf color recovery. Beautiful veg and now flower. Nothing disturbs them but me when I open the box and know they love me. I'm an only parent so they dote on me cuz I'm the one who brings all the things they love. It's almost a god like feeling, right? Hail Caesar!

Leave a comment:

• Catfish22
    replied
    Mother earth is good 70/30 coco/ perlite. I've put an extra handful of perlite in each pot this time. Its precharged with calmag but I do it again.
    Its spendy, if you keep an eye on it on Amazon I think I got for like $14.00 US on sale.
    I'm pleased with it, my first grow is just finishing and it has done well.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    started a topic coco coir / perlite premix

coco coir / perlite premix

After spending way to many hours mixing up coco/perlite, do any coco growers use a premixed? What brand, and experiences. Is there something I will not get in a premixed product?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X