Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    I'm with SoOrbudgal and JohnEmad if they are not going to cause you any trouble, let them be...they are almost at their flowering stage At the same time, if you are worried about them causing you issues with outdoor grows I'd understand spraying them.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Why spray them? Are they a big threat to...? I would be happy to see them up close when they are fully formed in all their splendour.

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    Yep. They are pretty big too. Found a dead one at the cabin that was over 6" across. Beautiful too.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Well i think they are special

• Rwise
    replied
    JeffInCanada Thanx, I'll mix the spray as these are not near a garden! I need to spray for tent caterpillars anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Floopydoop
    commented on 's reply

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    BT?....whodat?

• JeffInCanada
    replied
    They are used covid masks caught in the tree. From over the winter......just kidding. I think CaptainWiese91 was correct. Best I can find is a big ass moth. The Promethea Moth. My guess is this or something similar to this.
    I like to take a moment here and there to share with you some of the critters that make Devil's Lake State Park their home. While out snowshoeing (And enjoying

Leave a comment:

• Floopydoop
    commented on 's reply
    BT you're fine.

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Where the hell is Admiral Kirk when you need him!?

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    Don't touch them, they could be alien body snatchers! (sorry, just saw that rerun on tv) You could try to smoke one...they look nicely rolled. I think some kind of moth cocoon which reminded me that the last 2 nights at lights on I inspected my ladies just at lights on at 9pm. Both times as I started to close up I saw a tiny white moth flitting around in my cabinet. I tried to swat it but it has so far eluded me. My great fear is getting a caterpillar infestation at 7 weeks in. Tonight I will tear the cab apart to find it. If it has already laid eggs I'm screwed.

Leave a comment:

• Catfish22
    replied
    Some things in nature just look "leave me alone".

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    How interesting if you decide to remove it please take photo of it closer and Thank You for posting this

Leave a comment:

• Tumbleweed
    replied
    Definitely Ceti Eels. I'd wear ear protection and maybe a nose clip when removing them.

Leave a comment:

• Floopydoop
    replied
    If I were you I'd start running now.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X