More Light or grow tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL More Light or grow tent?

Hello everyone. I am about to start a new grow and I would like some advice. My grow setup is pretty rudimentary for monetary reasons 250 watts of CFL, Fox Farm Soil, R/O water, a 4" extraction fan that blows outdoors and two circulating fans around the base of the plant and a small humidifier below the plant/s. The setup is in an open space in my basement. The humidity is anywhere from 16 to 50% and the canopy temps sometimes get up to 85 to 90 degrees. My question: I want to upgrade a bit, should I buy more light or get a grow tent so I can control temps and humidity better? Which would be more beneficial overall? I get a pretty good yield but I have constant heat problems and low humidity. Its always dry here on the prairies even with the humidifier directly under the plant. I thought that an enclosed grow space might help that. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. Hairyman

Grow tent - leave the humidifier in the same room as the tent - and control the air in the room that the tent will be absorbing.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• hairyman
      hairyman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Canuck 147. I will probably buy a tent.

I agree with Canuck147. Getting a tent to control the micro climate around the plants is the best option. And if budget permits, get a tent that is big enough to house the plants comfortably. I started in a 4x4 and eventually upgraded to 4x8, but still grow using the middle 4x4 area of the tent. The extra space is great to let plants spread out and not worry about WPM because leaves are smooshed up against the tent wall.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• hairyman
      hairyman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the input YYCannabis. For overall space reasons in the house I will probably just buy a 4x4. I rarely grow more than 2 plants at a time.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X