Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves are turning yellow/burnt

Hi There,

I hope u are well & safe. I am a beginner grower.

I have 2 plants in the seedling stage that have leaves that are turning yellow/burnt at their tips. Images attached. I am not sure what could be causing this to happen and was hoping to seek your help.

I have followed the below process so far:
    - Basic Prime Pure Organic potting mix
    - Liqui Compost in water to drop the water ph levels
    - Mars TSL 2000w - Height: 65cm at 50%
    - Water PH Level: 6.5
    - Room Temp: 21c - 27c
    - Humidity: 50% - 80%
    - Grow Room (Wendy House) size: length 2.2, width 1.68

This is my 2nd time trying to grow and I cant seem to get my plants to pass the seedling stage :-(

Do you have any perlite or leca stones in that soil ?
    And are you feeding it nutrients already ?
    What about drainage?
    To me it looks like the seedling don’t like that soil and/or it’s getting suffocated by the lack of oxygen.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• MaryJane420
      MaryJane420 commented
      Editing a comment
      The only nut used was Liqui Compost in water to drop the water ph levels

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      There are many better ways to adjust pH both organic and chemical. Do you understand what the label on that bottle is telling you? It's very high in Nitrogen and other nutrients that are killing your plant. Just too hot.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to agree with TOKE here.

The Captain is correct - to me your grow medium looks like bark mulch - which cannabis plants will not do well in.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thank You, Should I change the soil? If so, whats a good soil to use? or should I leave it as is and only use plain tap water?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        You need to change the medium. And stop using nutrients if you are doing so.

Tomato soils is a pretty good starting soil.
      Tomatoes want the same Ph as cannabis. And normally have the right nutrients also in the right stages.
      I have always been using tomato soil to be honest. And I’m not doing any kind of feeding for the first 10 weeks of veg other than cal mag.

you can get it in all garden stores. Of course the NPK may be different from a company to another. But usually it goes right along with Cannabis
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Yes that's a bit of a hot mix for tiny plant. If you have decent soil in your area and can't get plain potting mix no nutes, i'd gather up a bucket of good garden soil mix it into that bag of potting soil and add somemore perilite. But yes gotta lower that hot soil not needed for tiny seedlings. Good Luck hope you have more seed?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Stop giving them any nutes. The grow medium your using is a potting mix..good for annuals and flowers. Not so good for weed. I usually water my seedlings with a PH of 6.2, in coco/perlite, no nutes till i've transplanted. These seedlings are 10 days from soaking in paper towel. They just need water and limited light.
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Tent
          Bruce Banner
          Kushy Kush
          2Cookies and cream

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X