Im getting light burn!! Did I messed up my plants forever? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im getting light burn!! Did I messed up my plants forever? :(

I noticed that I started getting a light burn in one of my plants so I moved the lights further away, should I cut the damaged leaves? are my plants going to be ok? I just changed to 12/12 4 days ago

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      If your thinking the little bit of yellowing is light burn it's looking like it's progressing into flowering but very hard to see with purple/pink tint.

• fresita12
      fresita12 commented
      Editing a comment
      hopefully is that! I will post a better picture later, the ladies are in their beauty sleep now *-*

Would you rather have a sprained ankle or no leg I’d keep the leaves those plants look great they’ll be fine you’ve corrected the problem go back to growing

Comment

• fresita12
      fresita12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much

Hard to tell with the burple light but it’s looking more like a deficiency than light burn to me. Light burn usually gets the entire top of the plant, not just the tips of the leaves and the lower leaves are even showing issues. Unless your light was way too close only the top of the plant should be burnt

Comment

• fresita12
      fresita12 commented
      Editing a comment
      the ladies are sleeping now but I'll post a better picture later, I have to confess that I've been feeding my plants in a small amount dyna gro grow just because I'm using fox farm soil and I was afraid of nutrient burn, I switched the ladies to bigger pots with brand new soil almost two weeks ago so I thought I should kept the same amount of nutrients as before to avoid the nutrient burn, so would you recommend to increase the nutrients even though I just repotted my plants?

Try to take a pic without your lights on so we can diagnostic a bit better.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I agree with bboy. What is your light distance? Looking at the pic that light should be far enough away not to burn. Do you know ur pH can u measure ur pH. I'd guess ur pH is high. I had the same problem with the same style of light. I was 36" and sill "burning". I took a soil sample to be tested and my soil was 8.5. Reduced my pH to 6 and now I can keep my light @ 18" to 20" no problem
      3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
      1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
      1000w Tolys led (burple)
      Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
      Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
      No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Comment

• fresita12
        fresita12 commented
        Editing a comment
        they were closer than that like 10" above the plants, I don't think is the ph bc I've been on top of it since seedlings, but thank you so much for your observation my light are 20" away now

here a picture with regular lights

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        The lighting makes a huge difference. Definitely light burn, that plants looks super healthy otherwise 👍🏻

• fresita12
        fresita12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much!! Hopefully this lady will get better!!!

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Raise the light and should be good. The damaged leaves won’t heal so just keep check on the healthy ones to make sure no new signs👍🏻

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Good move yes now i see what light burn your talking about. Better at this stage than in flower it will be fine keep eye on those slightly burnt leaf they won't recover much if at all but leave them on. Have you given them big drinks not just small amounts of water like at least 1/2gal yet? For mine i carry them to a tub less messy and i can look at them better. Those look really good and green. No longer in FF soil so in normal soil that has perilite rock in it lots of good drainage? Sure if i were you i'd give them full dose of dyna grow grow not bloom yet don't mix those up.

• fresita12
        fresita12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much!! I move mines to the tub too hahaha, yes I've been giving lots of water to the ladies, thank you so much for all of your advices

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X