Help and advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Help and advise

Okay everyone here is my 10 mimosa evo feminised plants 1 week in2 vedge stage im worried about the tops of the plants looking twisted and limp i no my tent is to hot ablut 34 degres im running at 400w to conteract the heat are the plants to far gone to train or am i okay to start training, also all leave stems are purple is that a good sign my buds will have good colour
    Attached Files

They look wilted like they are too dry. What is your humidity level? What is your feed/water schedule?

Purple stems is not an indicator of potential bud colors, but is rather a normal genetic coloring or a sign of nutrient issues. The higher temp in your tent is definitely an issue to try to fix.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with YYCannabis bring down the temperature.

• Uksmoker
      Uksmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Watering every 3 days or when pots light humidity is 22 percent

• Uksmoker
      Uksmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      GUys iv got my lights on 400w becuase of temp being to high is 400 enough for vedge

Humidity at 22% is WAY too low for that temp. Getting temp down and humidity up is your first priority. What you’re seeing is the plant drying out.

As for light, 400w is just fine for the footprint in the pic. But you gotta get the temp and humidity under control.

Comment

• Uksmoker
      Uksmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      How do i increase humidity

Agree with the others that humidity up and temp down is important. 400 HID watts is enough for them to grow properly in veg just keep the lights at a suitable distance and ensure a fan is blowing the heat away from the plants. With regards to when you can train, it depends on what type of training and how many nodes have grown, but yes you can start LST for sure but you may want to let them recover from the heat before more invasive types.

All that said, I have a mimosa evo in flower now and it can look a little weird with long thin fingers and buds that look more like cotton balls than hairs. They have purple punch genetics so they could potentially go purple but not likely starting until flowering and probably not unless the daytime heat gets under control and the nighttime/darkness temps are a bit lower than usual.

good luck!

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree. No training until she can breath properly.

Below is a VPD chart (Vapor Pressure Deficit)...your humidity doesn’t even appear on the chart. Find a balance that puts your metrics into the green zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Uksmoker View Post
      How do i increase humidity
      put a humidifier in your room is easiest. You can buy sensors that will flip on the humidifier when the humidity is lower than whatever you prefer, which is handy. To be honest, I generally have a lot of humidity and much of it comes from the wet potsrather than a humidifier but I’ll use one occasionally.

Comment

An easy way to control your heat would be to get an HID light fixture that is glassed in and vent it out of the tent rather than the wide wing design you are using (or get an LED system but that is a lot more money I think).

Comment

Until you can buy a humidifier, you can put a large bowl of water in there and have a fan blow across it. Other option include hanging moist/wet towels in front of the fan.

Comment

You need to figure out why there drooping,they look a bit dry and with the low humidity they'l be drinking more.Maybe you stressed them a little,i cant really see in the pictures but have you just topped them.It could be a combination of things,if your going to give them loads of light they need to be healthy.Turn the light down to 250 and lay some damp towels on the floor,that willbring the temps down and increase humidity.If you can flatten that wing reflector,thats what i have done and it increases the footprint and your not blastin all that heat at them.
            Grow tent=120x60x150 for veg,300x150x160 for flowering
            Current grow=4x dwarf autos,
            Medium=coco/perlite 60/40
            Nutrients=canna a+b plus calmag
            Lighting=2x110w QBs for veg,2x600w hps/digital+dimmable for flowering
            Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
            Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
            Pots=12l fabric
            Temps with light on 23-24c,lights of 17-18c

Comment

• Uksmoker
              Uksmoker commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes all topped thanks for advise going to try suggestions

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X