No announcement yet.

What's your favorite nutrient line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a combination of Miracle-Gro® products with perlite/peat hydro.

Why?

1) Dad was a hort major who sold ag products and he taught me how to grow stuff and mix my own nutes.

2) Spent my career in advertising where I learned the crap I put in an ad or on a package made more difference in pricing than the stuff inside the package.

3) All those folks wasting their money on popular brands asking Mr. Furley what's wrong with their grow tells me I'm on to something with point #2.

I use Miracle-Gro® Water Soluble Plant Food Vegetables and Herbs as a base. The stuff uses soy hydrolysates for the nitrogen component, and promotes biosynthesis.. Here is some research: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5744479/

While nitrogen content seems low for veg growth, I don't seem to miss it on most grows. Maybe the hydrolysate bio action? With my latest Blue Dream grow I did mix in some standard Miracle-Gro to boost N. And I'll mix in their Bloom Booster for flower stage. WARNING! There can be issues with chemical reactions between mixed nutes that can hurt a plant, so be careful. With that out of the way, mixing these three has worked consistently for me.

I also experiment with the Botanicare flavor enhancers. I'm not sure if they work on the plant, or just work off me feeling like I'm giving medicine to my babies. On my last grow of AMS Amnesia Trance, I went with Botanicare Raw during flowering, switched to plain water as the leaves turned color, and skipped the molasses. I had the best tasting AT ever.

April 10th will mark the 49th anniversary of when I dropped my first seed. I'd skipped school to attend the Ann Arbor Has Bash the week before (You do remember when pot was legal in Michigan for a bit back in 1972, don't you?) And planted some bag seed soon after.

BR

2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

I’m using CANNA - And I’m never changing that. So happy for these products they make and I feel it’s quality
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

1) The ag industry from the 50 has created a high mortality rate increasing Obesity, diabetes, and cancer that is linked to the Over processing and genetically modifying of our food system for convenience. Daddy get 0 respect from me here.

2) I have long suspected that you are a paid troll only popping up in the forum to defend a corporate giant when Miracle gro is in questioned. This comment confirms my suspicions further and if you haven't noticed Miracle gro is not Very popular here.

3) I am willing to help anyone with a broad range of products in a broad range of environment within my experience level, yes that includes miracle gro and their subsidiaries. I also help people navigate the forum for ease of use to get a quick answer for their Specific problem, the @ sign with my name BaccaRacca will tag me for personal attacks and advice!! I really can't recall the last time someone tagged you asking for advice, so I think I'm on to something as well and If you like I can show you how to block me as I give my time freely here without corporate sponsorship and am very proud in the selflessness and diversity we share. can you say the same thing?

" Chemical reaction " Is nothing I am interested in for any of my nutrients line and bio foaming is a big no-no. 0 respect once again.

Speaking of nutrients in my house and grows

Canna line is my go to right now for cannabis and im very happy.
        foxfarm
        Advanced
        xNutrients
        eropoinces
        Mill's
        House and garden
        Mammoth
        Hydrozime
        Down-to-earth
        root organics
        nectar of the gods
        Used in
        Tupur
        Royal gold
        black gold
        canna coco
        water
        The ground

Indoor, outdoor, soil, coco, and hydro for a broad spectrum of horticulture adventures. Thats present and not past.

Cape sundew(Droser capensis)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20210404_113156.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	504568
        How do my Trics look? Is she ready?

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well written my friend 👍🏻

Well put Mr.furley. I for one have come to you for advice more than a few times and appreciate the info you bestowed on me. Miracle-Gro will never have a place in any of my grows. Toss that shit in the trash where it belongs.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X