No announcement yet.

ScrOG tutorial with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 41, pulled the girls out for a better view. These buds are dense AF and average the size of a shot glass in thickness. We are completely out of the Glue so I’m not patiently waiting on these but I will. The White Widow buds are slightly smaller than the Gorilla Glue but there’s way more of them. Every little bud site on that plants turned into 3 grams at least 😂

Not much going on now but watering them every 2-3 days and a turn them everytime I water. Other than that it’s cruise control.

In the past weeks news article Nebula rated the Electric Sky’s at the top as far as yield under LED’s and after a year growing under them I couldn’t be happier. Barely run a ac unit in my grow room anymore and still pulling way more bud than we can use. There for a while I was using so much less electricity I got a letter from the power company saying the household usage was down 30%. If you’re growing under HPS and thinking about switching over, save your pennies Bc these lights aren’t cheap but you won’t be unhappy. I wasted more money on Viparspectra and Mars Hydro lights trying to find a good LED than i spent on these anyways just to sit on a shelf.
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 06-03-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Day 45, for the Gorilla Glue and White Widow. They just received week 6 feed + molasses. Both plants are healthy and super sticky.

The Dos Si Dos is drying. 338g wet which will be around 3.5oz dry. Strawberry Lemonade can go as soon as the drying rack is free. The Cali Dream has a bit, it’s pistols haven’t even started to curl in.

Comment

Dos Si Dos 33 nugget. Been in jars about a week, starting to tighten up

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes please just a tad in the water bong thanks bboyfromwayback

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          😂 I’m glad I’m not the only one who still prefers to smoke lol

Comment

Day 56…both girls haven some cloudy heads and a few amber but still mostly clear. The buds are super dense and frosty on both plants. I made a bonehead mistake and started lowering my lights. No idea why, made it to 26” above canopy before I noticed some yellowing. It was beyond week 6 snd I caught it quick enough so no real damage other than cosmetic but damn they were looking so pretty. You think I’d learn my lesson by now. This is my 6th grow under Electric Sky’s and everytime I try to lower them from the top of the tent I burn my plants. Specs say 18-24” during flower, I say bullshit. Not going below 30” again with these lights. Still happy with the grow, been smooth sailing really. Short veg, 3 gallon pots, looking like im going to get good yield off each plant 👍🏻

Have a good weekend everyone

Comment

CaptainHolt my grow room is sealed off and hidden behind a storage closet in my basement so there’s not much airflow. To eliminate this problem I have a 4” in-line fan pulling air into my tents from my exercise room next door. It’s a 12ftx15ft room so it’s fairly easy to regulate temp/humidity in and that’s where all of my environmental conditioning takes place. I have a 6” exhaust that’s vents the tents straight to the outside of my house. Before when I just recirculated the inside air, humidity never seemed to change. Now I have no real issues

Comment

• CaptainHolt
              CaptainHolt commented
              Editing a comment
              One more weird question… how do you prevent light getting in through the fan or does the dam block it out? For example, if I put in an inline fan at a hole in the bottom of my tent and an inline exhaust fan at a top hole in my tent, can light come in through the hole through the fan into the tent? I do t need ductwork because my light is led. Thanks

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              If you just had a fan with nothing to stop the light then yes, it’ll get through. Just like a trap is used underneath a sink to keep the sewer fumes from coming through I put a few S turns in my ducting to stop the light. If your tent is in a room that is completely dark and you’ll never enter it during lights off or if you only grow autos then no worries. If you flower regular plants in this tent you’ll need something to block light from entering the tent

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
            CaptainHolt my grow room is sealed off and hidden behind a storage closet in my basement so there’s not much airflow. To eliminate this problem I have a 4” in-line fan pulling air into my tents from my exercise room next door. It’s a 12ftx15ft room so it’s fairly easy to regulate temp/humidity in and that’s where all of my environmental conditioning takes place. I have a 6” exhaust that’s vents the tents straight to the outside of my house. Before when I just recirculated the inside air, humidity never seemed to change. Now I have no real issues
            Thank you so much!

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              Give me a bit and I’ll get to your question, busy night 😉

Harvest night!!!!’ Hate I burnt the leaves but the tops are still frosty AF. Here’s the Glue with pics of the form each cola has at harvest. A big fat top with 3-4 nuggets, zero fluffy shit. This plant got so dense that some of the lower buds aren’t fully developed. I could harvest in stages but I’m not worried about it because we keep em coming round here. In other words, I need the damn tent lol I got 330g wet off the spinner and that’s not including the 3 colas hanging up that I’ll be drying and curing completely untrimmed. That will be roughly 4oz dry. Not bad for a short veg in a 3 gallon pot 👍🏻 WW coming in a bit, got hungry 😂

Comment

Almost forgot to put up the White Widow pics. I thought the Glue was going to produce more but I got 354g of golf ball sized buds off this girl wet.

Comment

Final product on the rack. Both plants produced very dense buds. The GG appear bigger but the WW have more weight.
                Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 07-02-2021, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Man i am loving my GG#4 harvest. It's one i really have to light 3 x's so greasy gooey. I can't wait for how she does outdoors. And i cut 2clones from outdoor gal got them rooting those will be fall tent grow. Smell so good.

• bboyfromwayback
                  Editing a comment
                  Definitely love the Glue. Glue #4 and GSC, definitely my two favorites. I never grew White Widow before so those gooey green nugs lookin good too 😂

Click image for larger version

Name:	054510F2-DB20-4FF5-884F-7F31678CF0DB.jpeg
Views:	319
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	523399 Ok few notes on this grow as a whole, not just the two plants I ScrOGd. Dos Si Dos finished 4wks ago, already used 1oz of it for some butter. 22oz total this tent, never went above 75% on the dial, 1.25g per watt. Winner winner chicken gona get stoned 😂

Surprisingly, the biggest producer in the tent was the Strawberry Lemonade. It was in a 5 gallon pot 4 way manifold then flowered under a 18”x18” screen. She produced a little over 6oz dry. Two thumbs up 👍🏻👍🏻

The big Cali Dream was in a 7 gallon pot under a 24”x24” screen and although she got huge with colas all over the place, they didn’t get super dense. Wish I’d put the Strawberry Lemonade in the 7 gallon pot now but ILGM says Cali Dream is a big producer. Maybe the other seeds will be but this girl was not. 18 more to find out😂
                Anyways, I got 5oz off of her. Disappointing. I aim to match the pot size meaning I should have atleast got 7oz off of her. Fail👎🏻

The Dos Si Dos from Barney’s isn’t a big producer which I already knew but man it’s good smoke so I like to grow it. It’s in the GSC line for anyone curious, slightly more of a relaxing event buzz than GSC imo she was in a 5 gallon pot and although she only produced 4.5oz (knowing this strain and growing it a few times) she gets a👍🏻
                Plus she wasn’t under a screen, probably add another 40-50g

The Gorilla Glue and White Widow were both in 3 gallon pots under 14”x15” screens with a short veg, barely 3wks. All the other plants had a 8-10wk veg. They both produced around 3.5oz each of big, dense sticky nugs and I didn’t even harvest everything. They both had some underdeveloped undergrowth I could had let keep going but I needed the tent so I took what was mature and tossed the rest 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 👍🏻

Now a little in the nutes used. First time ever that I used a type of flowering enhancer. I’m a FF Trio diehard. Ive used maxi grow and a few other companies over the years but they’ve always burnt my plants. No issues with FF. So for this grow after following the PPP tutorial I went with the FF trio flower enhancement line of Open Sesame, Beastie Blooms and ChaChing. To be completely honest, the only difference I saw was I had to use a lot more ph up and i spent twice as long balancing my water out on days I used nutes. Absolutely no difference in the size or appearance of what I’m used to growing. Save you money kiddos, it’s all smoke and mirrors. A plant can only use so much nutrients, after that it’s a waste. Oh yea, one more difference I noticed. Of these plants I’m familiar with Gorilla Glue and Dos Si Dos but not the others. They both took 10-14 days longer to fully mature than they have before when I’ve grown them. Could be a fluke thing🤷🏻‍♂️ Could be the excess amount of nutrients screwing things up. Im using it again on the plants im about to flower, if they drag on like these then im blaming the new nutes and moving on. Probably will anyways tbh but everything deserves a second chance. Not a third though
                Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 07-02-2021, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• grouchyoldman
                  grouchyoldman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hiya Bboy, congratulations on an excellent grow and many thanks for taking the time and sharing all the details!
                  I've bookmarked this thread for future reference and recommended it to other growers.

-Grouchy

• bboyfromwayback
                  Editing a comment
                  Sweet, thanks buddy! Bout to do it again in AutoPots 😁

White Widow on the left, Gorilla Glue on the right.

The buds have cured a month now. Today was the first time I opened the jars in a couple weeks and they smell amazing. Probably the best Gorilla I’ve grown so far. First time growing Widow. For the first time I scored a 5 star on the HiGrade app with the Gorilla, White Widow received the typical 4 star. I didn’t renew my subscription so no more thc test but the smoke test is 👍🏻👍🏻
                Little over 3oz each of solid nugs. This is a wrap for me on this thread. If anyone following gives this method or your own version of it a go please post your pics 😁

I currently have a White Widow and a Dos Si Dos going in AutoPots on another grow I’m going to be growing the same way only bigger screens/plants. So far the AutoPots are the berries

Comment

Great looking nugs you got there Bboy! Gorilla glue is on my grow list. Everything I've read about it sounds great.
                  5x5 Gorilla tent
                  Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                  Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                  Technaflora nutes
                  Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks man. GG#4 and Girl Scout Cookies my two favorites. Super sticky

• PLreef
                    PLreef commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Once I finish my room I have a bunch of GSC auto beans ready to go for my first run.

Impressive yield 💪🏻 I must say
                  Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                  You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks buddy! What I really like about this is the consistency. I’d say 70% if the buds from each plant are the same as the ones pictured. The other 30% are probably 1/2 the size but still dense and solid. The white widow buds feel like a golf ball

• CaptainWiese91
                    CaptainWiese91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Big buds, small buds. I don’t care so much. As long as they are dense the buds, it’s fantastic. And for example 100g is still 100g, big buds or small buds. And everyone wants dense buds. It’s the best feeling when you grind your weed.
                    They look really good the buds, easy to see they have density.
                    And really pretty structured plant.

Bumping this back up for usefulness, been looking for a thorough Scrog tutorial and I feel like you made this for me lol. Will save and apply, thanks.
                  4x4
                  Bubbly rdwc
                  ES300s
                  Cold water
                  GH flora
                  Mistakes

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool! I hope it’s useful. It’s a great technique to grow a lot of weed in a small space

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X