Exhausting air in closet setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhausting air in closet setup

I'm in the process of completing my home grow setup. Due to privacy issues, I'm trying to contain everything in my closet with no options of exhausting air outside. I have an inline fan with carbon filter. I understand why someone would want to exhaust outside. I'm trying to find the negative sides of exhausting back into the same general area. I understand heat can be a concern and circulation of air. Ultimately, I have a co2 meter coming in this weekend which I'll run some long test over the period of a few day with all of my equipment running to test co2 levels and heat. Does anyone else have advisements against this? I can cut a hole in the drywall and exhaust out, but I'd rather avoid that. One, it'll be mess to clean up later on. Two, I just rather not expose my grow room to whatever animals/insects would potentially in there. I'm sure the fan will prevent most pests from getting inside, but idk.

Welcome, Richrich.

1) Forget everything about CO2. No need to monitor it. There is always plenty of CO2 available.
    2) if you vent only into the closet, you will have issues fighting humidity and heat.

When the plants start to get big, they can drink up to a gallon of water per day. 99% of that gets put into the air as the plant exhales it. All that moisture would soak into the drywall and start to grow mold. Venting the humidity/temp/smell to the outdoors is always the best practice. I’ve never head anybody have issues with bugs/insects coming back through the venting into the grow area since you a carbon filter on it.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Yes humidity will be a major problem. I grew in my house couple winters ago and decided I would exhaust air into my house for the hot air. I had major condensation on inside of my windows. Even with a dehumidifier it was to much humidity.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

You will need to get a really good large capacity dehumidifier.I grow in an underground cellar that doesnt have any fresh air comeing in other than when i go down to do daily checks and i just leave the dehumidifier running 24/7 on the required setting and everythings fine.
        Grow tent=120x60x150 for veg,300x150x160 for flowering
        Current grow=4x dwarf autos,
        Medium=coco/perlite 60/40
        Nutrients=canna a+b plus calmag
        Lighting=2x110w QBs for veg,2x600w hps/digital+dimmable for flowering
        Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
        Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
        Pots=12l fabric
        Temps with light on 23-24c,lights of 17-18c

Comment

My cousin vented through the ceiling into the attic. Carbon filter, fan, attic. Grew three years that way, never had a problem with mold, bugs, or smells outside of the house.
          DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
          TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
          Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
          10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
          50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
          8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
          2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
          w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
          2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
          2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
          GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
          Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
          . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
          Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

• dilvish
            dilvish commented
            Editing a comment
            venting humid air into the attic can definitely cause mold...just saying

• PLreef
            PLreef commented
            Editing a comment
            Not if it's vented correctly. I'm a residential home contractor and I've seen some serious shit shows in people's attics, then again I've seen very well ventilated ones too. Adding a small fan to the gable vent should solve most dampness issues.

If you have the ability to enter the attic crawlspace you might run your vent pipe to a Y on a nearby bath fan. Run both at the same time for max airflow and fan noise is countered. If you have to hire a contractor it will cost dear! Temp and Humidity issues up the stack.
          Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X