Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

1st time in auto flower 3x3 tent 450 watt full spectrum. How far should my light be away from the foxfarm soil for seedlings.

Hey there Dewey got a new light? New tent? What kind of light got a brand name? True watts from the wall ? As we like to hear more about it can't tell folks enough without more info.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

usually manufacturers give you a distance. try 24" as a good rule of thumb for an LED
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I am only doing my first grow with LED's, so not sure if this will help you out or not, but it has worked for me so far. As I was in hospital for the start of this grow, my brother and room mate started the grow under my instructions. After talking to the boys at the GreenSunshine Company, they suggested that I start the lights at 50% power and have the lights 36 inches from seedlings or if introducing new plants to the lights. Kept the power of the lights at 50% and the hanging distance at 36 inches for the first two week so the plants could get use to the light etc. After two weeks the power of the lights was upped a little every couple of days until they reached 100%, making sure the plants were showing no signs of stress before raising the power each time. Once the lights reached 100% power, they/I slowly lowered the lights a couple of inches every second/third day until lights were 24 inches from the canopy. If I/they noticed the plants were reacting badly to the light, I/they would raise it 6-12 inches and leave it there for a few days to let the plant recover, then slowly lower lights again. My lights are 300 true watts from the wall each. Hope it helped you some..cheers.
        3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
        2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
        6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
        4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
        Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
        3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
        Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
        ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

Comment

As close as you can get with out getting burned, and give it a dark rest.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• azorahai
            azorahai commented
            Editing a comment
            This. Try to keep it the recommended 24 inches (60 cm) away from the plants and watch if the tips of the upper leaves are bleaching/yellowing. If they are, you should raise them a little bit. If they aren't, you could either keep it there or lower it a bit and repeat step 1. Seedlings shouldn't be too close to the lights, whereas flowering plants can usually handle being a lot closer to it. Dewey

24" would be to close for my mars hydro led with seedlings and sprouts, once they are up a bit then go closer.
          What does the MFG recommend?

Comment

Never done autoflower wow what difference put them in there 3 gallon pot sunday and Tuesday I had 2 leaves popping up can't wait till they are done gorilla glue autoflower 3x3 tent 450 watt full spectrum 18 and 6 not used to seeing results this fast. Can't wait to sample 💨💨💨💨💨

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X