When to start feeding - info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to start feeding - info please

Can someone post an example of a plant which is just ready for its first high nitrogen feed, please?
    600W LEDs (when growing indoors)
    70% John Innes #3 compost. 15% Perlite. 15% coir
    10 inch (3 gallon) pots

"I can resist everything, except temptation"
    Oscar Wilde

I wouldn't go Too High on the Nitrogen - just stick with the recommended feeding schedule. (I use the Flora trio Nutes from GH at 1/2 strength and so far, no Nute Burn and the plant doesn't seem to need more Nutes. (Don't start giving Nutes till your plant/s get their 2nd set of leaves and even then maybe only start at 1/4 strength)

Good Luck with your grow!
    3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
    3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
    Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
    2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
    4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
    6" Oscilatting Fan
    GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
    "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

Hi Sledrock. When you say "just stick with the recommended feeding schedule" what would that be? Cos so far I've just been giving them water!
      10 inch (3 gallon) pots

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        What do you have for food for them, what kind of strain also auto or photo, what age are they ?

Not sure of your setup. I grow in soil or cocoloco and treat each the same. I use the FF Trio and I start using their recommended feeding schedule at 1/2 strength the first day of sprout. I start in a styrofoam cup and I presoak the soil a couple days before planting my seed using the FF week 1 seedling at 1/2 strength. First week I only use a spray bottle twice a day, 2nd week I start watering using a shot glass usually every other day. After 2wks I pot up and start week 1 veg at 1/2 strength every other watering. Feed once, only ph’d water next and I water to about 30% runoff when I only use water to flush the soil. Depending on your setup your feeding could be different. Main thing I’ve discovered with marijuana over the years is it doesn’t really like a high feeding of anything. Steady amounts of what it needs and that’s it. Over due it with any nutrients and you’re going to cause yourself issues

Comment

OK guys. Thanks for your replies, but let's try and keep it simple and generic, because there's a lot of esoteric stuff here which I can't get my head around.

My scenario is this:

I planted my seedlings (autos) 12 days ago in 4 inch pots with good quality compost (don't ask for details!) and they're doing fine -2nd set of leaves sprouting nicely. Currently they are feeding sufficiently off the nutrients in my growing medium plus some pH. neutral water daily,

My question is - at what point should I be supplementing them with added nutrition? In other words, when will they run out of indigenous nutrients? And what would they look like at this stage?
        10 inch (3 gallon) pots

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          OK if they get yellow feed them. Simple enough for you to wrap you head around? Indigenous and esoteric stuff.

All the info you’re looking for is a few clicks away on the actual GWE site

Comment

Start here. https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics
          In my experience autos don't like being up potted. I would get them in their final grow pots asap. They are on an external clock and wait for no one.. Your yield will suffer if you wait.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X